- Dems' card-check sellout. Keene, David // Hill;3/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p21
The article reflects on the stand of Democrats in the U.S. Congress and in the White House on the issues faced by the labor sector in the country.
- IN THE KNOW. Kitto, Kris // Hill;7/31/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 89, p24
The article offers news briefs on the recent events with lawmakers in the U.S.
- COMMENT: THE HILL Blogs. // Hill;5/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p38
The article presents several opinions regarding the political issues in the U.S. including the death of U.S. Representative Jack Kemp, U.S. Senator Arlen Specter's to join the Democrats, and American job overseas.
- BREAKLING GRIDLOCK. Burr, Michael T. // Corporate Legal Times;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 136, p52
Focuses on the determination of initiatives for possible legislative action in the 108th Congress in the U.S. Issues that contribute to the biggest potential changes for corporate America; Call by many industries for legislative action; Split between Senate and the race for the White House;...
- The Challenges Facing the Eastern Region and Partners. Straniere, Robert A. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2005, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p14
This article discusses the challenges that are currently facing the legislatures of the Eastern region of the United States, along with its partners, various Canadian provinces.
- Civility or Civil War in Legislatures: Is There an In-between? Rosenthal, Alan // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Spring2005, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p22
Legislators will become more civil with one another when they develop dedication not only to their agendas, their careers, and their constituencies, but also to their legislature. Incivility will then pose less of a problem and the institution will become healthier for the understanding and...
- FOR THE RECORD. N. R. // National Review;9/17/2001, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p8
This article presents some recent news briefs related to the political developments in the U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell has urged U.S. to side with Israelis. Representative Henry Hyde, in one of his speeches, has stated that Taiwan's existence as a prosperous and stable Chinese democracy is a...
- Otis White's Urban Notebook. White, Otis // Governing;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
Presents news briefs on the local governments in the U.S. as of January 2005. Offering of financial services firm ING Direct for rail system users in Washington; Information on a day laborer system regulated in Duluth, Georgia; Reason behind the meeting of the city councils of Minneapolis and...
- A NEW DAY DAWNING. Gibbs, Nancy; Tumulty, Karen; Cooper, Matthew; Novak, Viveca; Weisskopf, Michael // Time;4/9/2001, Vol. 157 Issue 14, p40
Focuses on the campaign-finance-reform bill of Senator John McCain and Senator Russ Feingold. How the legislation survived the United States Senate; Challenges facing the bill, which would ban the unlimited soft-money donations that parties could collect from organizations, unions and the...