Oklahoma City Goes to Market to Upgrade Its 'Sleeping Giant'
- Arizona Lawmakers Propose Grand Canyon Amusement Park Project. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p4
Reports on the plan of the Arizona Senate Finance Committee to consider a proposal to use up to $1 billion of revenue bonds for a themed amusement park to attract Grand Canyon visitors. Co-sponsors of HB 2681; Inclusion in the planned amusement park district; Finance for the project; Comments of...
- Arizona Lawmakers Approve $750M Issue for Rock-and-Roll Theme Park. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;
The article reports on the approval of up to $750 million of tax-exempt revenue bonds for a rock-and-roll theme park by lawmakers struggling to close a $1.9 billion budget gap just days before the end of the fiscal year in Arizona. The measure authorizing the funding, Senate Bill 1450 was won in...
- KDFA is off to see the Wizard for theme park STAR bonds. Sanders, Lisa; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p4
Reports on the Kansas Development Finance Authority's (KDFA) preparation to sell debt issues for a Wizard of Oz theme park. Plan to offer sales tax accelerated revenue (STAR) bonds; Proposed structure and pricing of the STAR bonds; Importance of financing to the Oz project's structure; Possible...
- Johnson County, Kan., Axes Oz-Themed Amusement Park. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31240, p6
Reports on the cancellation of the construction of the Oz-themed amusement park in De Soto, Kansas by Johnson County Commission. Impact of the cancellation on the sale of tax-exempt revenue bond; Termination of a feasibility study for the amusement park; Amount allocated for the proposed project.
- Voter Coaster. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Announces that Hot Springs, Arkansas voters approved a $4.4 million revenue bond authorization to finance part of a $7 million-plus roller coaster for the Magic Springs and Crystal Falls amusement park in Arkansas in the first week of July 2003. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds for tourism-related...
- Bonds to bring Dorothy home waver with Kansas bill. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p30
Focuses on the proposed legislative measure that would allow the use of bond to finance the Wonderful World of Oz theme park in Kansas. Key provisions; Role of the state Development Finance Authority in the proposed bond issue; Technical amendments of the bill.
- In Kansas, a STAR Bond Program Is Reborn to Spread Development. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31643, p37
This article reports on a bond program going statewide under a bill passed by the Kansas legislature. Bonds sold under the program called STAR for Sales Tax And Revenue previously required legislative approval before any town or county could use them. The tax-exempt bonds are repaid from...
- Amusement park bonds: Too scary, or worth the ride? Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p6
Examines amusement park bonds in the United States. Attractive area of investment because of high yield; Fund managers' finding of value in those accompanied by local voter support; Things to look for in amusement park bonds; Examples of such bonds.
- Municipal Bond and State and Local Finance Legislative Status Report. // Bond Buyer;07/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30694, p6
Reports on the status of municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in the United States. Proposal of President Bill Clinton to expand the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program; Limitations of private-activity bond issuance; Taxation of interest on bonds sold for spaceports.