SFPUC Approves Water, Sewer Rate Hikes
- Council dims lights on Hydro subsidy. Tardif, Richard // Eastern Door;5/20/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the proposal of Mohawk Council of Kahnawake (MCK) to give the responsibility of paying monthly Hydro bill to tenants of Kahnawake's apartments in Quebec. It states that MCK has been paying tenants' Hydro bill by deducting a fixed rate of 100 dollars from monthly rental...
- EU's Blueprint for water calls for increased metering. // Utility Week;11/23/2012, p8
The article focuses on the Blueprint water strategy statement issued by the European Commission which stresses the need for member states in the European Union (EU) to develop water pricing and metering policies that promote water efficiency.
- County Water Authority's Bond Rating Now Could Save Thousands. // San Diego Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p36
Reports the upgrade of the bond rating of the San Diego County Water Authority in California.
- Albuaueraue-Area Utility Loses AAA From S&P. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/2/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33689, p18
The article reports that Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority has lost the AAA rating from Standard & Poor's related to its revenue bonds in New Mexico.
- Georgia Water Bonds Regain Rating Ahead of $400M Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/28/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33622, p3
The article reports on the reinstatement by Standard & Poor's Corp. of AA-minus rating on senior sewer and water bonds in DeKalb County, Georgia as the county prepares for an almost 400-million-dollar water utility system deal.
- Is it time for water utilities to rethink pricing? OVERCAST, H. EDWIN // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jun2012, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p59
The article offers information on the American Water Works Association's (AWWA) Manual M1, the Principles of Water Rates, Fees, and Charges, which serves as basis for water utilities to align rates for the recovery over the cost of service. It also describes the typical rate structure for...
- Standing Alone. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p31
Reports that the local agency Stamford Waste Water Systems in Stamford, Connecticut has decided to sell $12 million of revenue bonds in the market on its own. Bonds rating assigned for bonds issued on behalf of wastewater system by various rating agencies; Names of financial adviser and...
- Georgia County Water Agency Readies $220 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p6
The Gwinnett County Water and Sewer Authority in Georgia will offer approximately $220 million of new-money and refunding bonds as of May 14, 2003, and the deal's structure and natural triple-A rating are expected to help it do well with supply-starved investors.Finance officials chose to...
- Homeowner disputes $2,043 water bill. Korando, Russell // St. Charles Journal;7/13/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 56, pA1
The article presents a case study of an old woman whose water and sewer bill is 2,043 dollars for 77 days period in St. Charles County, Missouri. The woman has complained that her meter could be malfunctioning and want to change it. The woman said that she did not have any pool or...