Officials Weigh Increasing Tolls for Underperforming Greenville, S.C., Road
- NFMA Issues Final Best Practices for Toll Roads. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p5
Reports that the National Federation of Municipal Analysts has issued its final paper on best disclosure practices for toll road financings in the U.S. Encouragement for municipal issuers to disclose more information about toll road projects before issuing bonds so that analysts and investors...
- Colorado Transportation Officials Consider Privately Funded Toll Road. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31020, p4
Reports the consideration of Flatiron Structures Co. and Fluor Daniel to finance the privately owned toll road in Denver, Colorado. Location of the toll road; Implementation of state-of-the-art technology on the express highway; Implication of private funding for high-priority transportation...
- Illinois Toll Road Agency Firmly in Double-A Range. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/7/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32148, p35
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has raised its rating to Aa3 from A1 on the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. The agency plans to sell $700 million of toll-backed new-money bonds, while Fitch Ratings affirmed its AA-minus credit and revised its outlook to stable from...
- Colorado Officials Consider Toll Agency for Road Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31200, p1
Reports that Colorado highway officials may ask the Legislature to create a state toll road authority to allow them to take advantage of toll-backed revenue bonds. Use of the bonds for highway projects; Success of toll roads.
- Texas tollway board ready to proceed with turnpike revenue bond sale. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p28
Reports that the North Texas Tollway Authority board agreed to move forward with its first new-money bond sale. Preparation of legal documents related to the offering; Underwriters.
- Traffic Levels Become a Concern For Future California Road Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p3
Reports on concerns regarding the performance of California road bonds following decision of Fitch Ratings to downgrade San Joaquin Hills toll road bonds. Insurance of the bonds by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Comments of Peter Bianchini, vice president of Charles Schwab Investment Management on...
- Dulles Toll Road Bonds Stripped From Virginia Budget Proposal. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p4
The article reports on the removal of the authorization bond of Dulles toll road from the Virginia budget proposal, final general assembly for the final vote on the budget is on April 17, 2012.
- Toll Road Deals Freighted With Underlying Risks, Experts Say. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;04/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30864, p9
Focuses on analysts' comments on the risks contained in unrated start-up toll road bond deals in the United States. Comparison with established credits such as the deal involving the New Jersey Turnpike; Traffic feasibility forecasts on start-up toll roads; Bond pricing of start-up toll roads.
- Price of Proposed Dallas Road Taking Its Toll on Issuers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p44
Reports on a proposed bond-finance toll road in Dallas, Texas. Cost projections; Structure of the bonds.