Broward County Utility Upgraded
- Investors, Analysts Warm to a Texas Specialty: MUD Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31891, p30
Focuses on the rising interest in municipal utility district (MUD) bonds among investors and securities analysts which was demonstrated at the conference on MUD by Standard & Poor's in Dallas, Texas. Role played by MUD in suburban boom in Houston, Texas in the 1970s and 1980s; Greater number of...
- Trinity County Public Utility District, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34086, p1
The article informs that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, global credit rating agency, has raised its long-term ratings on Trinity County Public Utility District, Calif.'s electric revenue bonds and certificates of participation. Paul Dyson, credit analyst, states that rise reflects...
- Calif. DWR Power Bonds on Negative Watch. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31637, p1
Standard & Poor's put the BBB-plus rating for $11.2 billion in power purchase revenue bonds sold in the year 2002 by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) on CreditWatch with negative implications. The action followed the announcement that the agency plans to reduce ratepayer bills...
- S&P: Card Bond Downgrades Possible. // American Banker;1/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 20, p5
The article reports that the rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. said that bonds linked to credit card debt might be downgraded in 2009. The agency said that the rise in unemployment created by the recession would increase credit card delinquencies, adversely affecting the status of the...
- New Jersey Qualified Bond Act Program Lowered to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;9/11/2014, p24
The article reports on A-minus rating given by Standard & Poor's Rating Services for bonds secured by New Jersey's Qualified Bond Act program which was removed from CreditWatch where they had been placed with negative implications on June 3, 2014.
- S&P warning fails to shake plans for next Eurobond. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/23/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 25, p22
Reports on the decision of the Lebanese government to push through with its planned international debt issue despite the United States credit ratings agency Standard & Poor's (S&P) to place the sovereign ratings on negative credit watch. Total debt to be issued at a fixed rate; Joint managers...
- Downgrade fails to hurt Santa Ana deal. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;05/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30389, p40
Reports that Standard & Poor's downgraded the $8.1 million of refunding bonds the Santa Ana, California Financing Authority sold for the city's redevelopment agency. Slight impact of the downgrade on the bond's performance; Downgrade of one of the three series of bonds sold on May 6, 1998 for...
- Minnesota Orchestra Credit Stabilizes Post Lockout. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/23/2014, p37
The article reports on the stable outlook issued by Standard & Poor's Rating Services for the Minnesota Orchestral Association as of December 23, 2014.
- S&P rates Calif. transportation grant notes. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p6
Reports on the rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to $32 million in notes that represent the first short-term issue to be backed solely by future federal, state, and local transportation grants in California.