TexDOT Hits Roadblock
- Lee Porter, Delaware Economic Development Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p6
Details the operation of the Delaware Economic Development Authority. Amount of alloted state revenue; Decline of demand for small-issue industrial revenue bonds; Ability to issue more housing bonds without exceeding the volume cap.
- Virginia Transportation Funding Up in the Air. Schroeder, Peter; Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32828, p1
The article reports on the plan of government officials in Virginia to search for ways to provide funds for its transportation system. Governor Tim Kaine is considering funding options after the Supreme Court ruled that it will be unconstitutional for the Northern Virginia Transportation...
- Silicon Valley Transit Agency Eyes Bonding Against Future Sales Tax Revenues. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/1/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31668, p48
Reports on plans of Santa Clara County, California-based Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) to legally sell its bonds, which are backed by future sales tax revenues, as of July 1, 2003. Possible utilization of sales tax revenues generated through sale of bonds; Reasons which led...
- Florida Approves $130M of Debt for Tampa Expressway. Shigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p4
Reports on the approval of the sale of revenue bonds for the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority by the Florida cabinet. Role of the cabinet in approving the state's debt sales; Significance of the sale to complete the project.
- IRS Rejects Pittsburgh's Put Option Says Transactions Are Yield Burning. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p1
Reports on the settlement agreement between the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority. Retention of the tax-exempt status of the revenue bonds; Violation of the arbitrage provisions of the tax code; Terms of the voluntary closing agreement.
- IRS Says $330M of Orange County, Fla., Health Pool Bonds May Not Be Tax-Exempt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31655, p3
The United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) stated that $330 million of revenue bonds sold by the Orange County Health Facilities Authority in 2000 are not tax-exempt. The tax-exempt private-activity bonds were to mature on June 1, 2032, but they were redeemed on Oct. 2, 2002. The authority...
- NVTA Sets First Bond Sale After Transfer Approval. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;11/20/2014, p45
The article reports on Northern Virginia Transportation Authority's (NVTA) plan to sell transportation special tax revenue bonds in December 2014 for the renewal of transportation funding system. Topics discussed include the AA-plus and Aa1 ratings by financial services companies Standard &...
- Kentucky Agency Submits Counsel RFPs for Rest of Fiscal Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p41
Reports on the submission of request for proposals for firms to work on bond issues by the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority. Possibility for the contract to be extended for one more fiscal year; Volume of deals for the firms to work on; Implication of the failure of the General Assembly to...
- Arkansas Looks to Tolls to Answer Funding Deficiencies. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p6
The article reports that the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department is expecting to receive an updated study of $200 million toll project that would operate from Bella Vista, Arkansas to Pineville, Missouri. The project would likely mark the first revenue bond issue approved by the...