Bold Voices in Progressive Care Using Shared Decision Making to Implement Evidence-Based Practice in Progressive Care
- CHAPTER 4: Nursing Facilities. Matthews, Joseph // Long-Term Care (9781413312720);2010, p109
The article offers information related to nursing facilities. It discusses several levels of care including hospital-based skilled nursing, skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), and intermediate care facilities (ICFs). It highlights the steps on choosing the right facility, the services and...
- Yellow Light of Caution: Evidence-Based Practice. Hegedus, Kathryn // International Journal for Human Caring;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p38
Presents an abstract of the study "Yellow Light of Caution: Evidence-Based Practice," presented at the 28th International Association for Human Caring Conference in Fremantle, Australia on May 31-June 3, 2006.
- How does evidence-based care fit in with empowerment and choice? Clark, Christine // Nursing Standard;10/1/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article by Stewart Piper on the nurse-patient relationship which appeared in September 24, 2014 issue.
- EMPOWERMENT IS NOT AN ISSUE FOR PATIENTS WHO ARE SATISFIED. Ryan, Bridget // Nursing Standard;10/1/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article by Stewart Piper in the September 24, 2014 issue that was concerned with the empowerment of patients.
- Be inspired by a masterclass on evidence-based decision making. Pickersgill, Frances // Nursing Standard;1/2/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p63
Frances Pickersgill previews a major nursing conference.
- Florida Nurse Editorial. Stern, Cindy // Florida Nurse;Sep2013, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p8
The article reflects on the non-profit Cochrane Collaboration established by British medical researcher Archie Cochrane, which provides standard for the assessment and reporting of research in order to determine the effectiveness of different health care treatments.
- Using decision analysis to integrate evidence into decision making. Dowding, Dawn; Thompson, Carl // Evidence Based Nursing;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
The article examines how using decision analysis approach can help nurses make evidence-based decision making. Incorporating into decision making the evidence from research and patient preferences for decision options is one of the challenges of evidence-based nursing. It describes the process...
- Achieving Evidence-Based Nursing Practice in Ambulatory Care. Greenberg, M. Elizabeth; Pyle, Becky // AAACN Viewpoint;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
Provides an overview of evidence-based practice (EBP) and to clarify issues relevant to the nursing profession. Barriers to the acceptance and implementation of EBP in nursing; Definition of evidence-based medicine from which EBP emerged; Utilization of EBP for nursing interventions;...
- Evidence-Based Practice, Clinical Simulations Workshop, and Intravenous Medications: Moving Toward Safer Practice. Crimlisk, Janet T.; Johnstone, Donald J.; Sanchez, Gail M. // MEDSURG Nursing;May/Jun2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p153
In an era of increased emphasis on medication safely practice, a gap exists in the translation of research to clinical practice for administering intravenous continuous infusion medications. An educational initiative was designed for medical-surgical nurses in a tertiary care center to...