Cardiovascular Aspects of Septic Shock
- Surviving sepsis: The role of the nurse. // RN;Jul2009, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p16
The article discusses the role of the nurse in the early recognition of sepsis. The definition of sepsis, signs and symptoms, and its pathophysiology are discussed. The signs and symptoms of systemic inflammatory response syndrome are also examined. Hypotension in septic shock is examined. The...
- Speaking from Experience: This was a Septic Shock Puzzler. Aue, Marie // Dynamics;Summer2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p44
No abstract available.
- INTENSIVE CARE NURSING BEFORE COMPLICATIONS OF CAUSED ABORTION. Bitencourt, Carlos Santana; Dos Santos, Lia Cristina Galvão // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;Special Issue Mar2013, Vol. 7 Issue S, p977
Objective: to discuss the risk situations that lead women to abortion that led Intensive Care Units. Methods: A descriptive study, a literature review, the type integrative review, published works on the Virtual Health Library in order to answer the following research question: What are the...
- Understanding hypovolaemic, cardiogenic and septic shock. Garretson, Sharon; Malberti, Shelly // Nursing Standard;8/22/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p46
Shock is a complex physiological syndrome. If it is not detected and treated promptly, it can lead to death. This article reviews and summarises the latest findings, treatment and nursing and medical interventions for three of the most common forms of shock, namely, hypovolaemic, cardiogenic and...
- Emergency hemoperfusion treatments on the Polymixin b -immobilized cartridge. Guadagno, V.; D'Alò, A.; D'Alba, K.; Manna, C.; Palmisano, S.; Monari, C. // SCENARIO: Official Italian Journal of ANIARTI;2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2Sup, p61
An abstract of the study "Emergency Hemoperfusion Treatments on the Polymixin B-Immobilized Cartridge," by V. Guadagno is presented.
- SESSION 23: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENTS: Nursing consultancy in Italian ICUs. // CONNECT: The World of Critical Care Nursing;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p62
An abstract of the article "Nursing consultancy in Italian ICUs," by Ilaria Cossu, Adriana Onelli, and Daliel Livanu is presented.
- Multidimensional evaluation of a radio frequency identification wi-fi location tracking system in an acute-care hospital setting. Okoniewska, Barbara; Graham, Alecia; Gavrilova, Marina; Wah, Dannel; Gilgen, Jonathan; Coke, Jason; Burden, Jack; Nayyar, Shikha; Kaunda, Joseph; Yergens, Dean; Baylis, Barry; Ghali, William A. // Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association;Jul2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p674
Real-time locating systems (RTLS) have the potential to enhance healthcare systems through the live tracking of assets, patients and staff. This study evaluated a commercially available RTLS system deployed in a clinical setting, with three objectives: (1) assessment of the location accuracy of...
- Hospitals, Healthcare Providers to Benefit from New Premier Agreements for Pulmonary Function and Metabolic Analyzers. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/5/2011, p111
The article offers information on the agreements for pulmonary function and metabolic analyzers of Premier healthcare alliance and Alliance Tech Medical Inc. It mentions that the agreements are available to acute care and continuum of care members of Premier effective on July 1, 2011. It adds...
- Hospitals, Healthcare Providers to Benefit from a New Premier Agreement for Chest Drainage Products. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;3/14/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article reports that Atrium Medical Corp. of Hudson, New Hampshire has been awarded by chest drainage products agreement. It is mentioned that this agreement was given by the company Premier Healthcare Alliance. It further states that this agreement will be available to acute and continuum...