Moody's Downgrades Erie County, N.Y., to Baal From A3
- Rating Agencies Strive for Clarity in Soured Market. G. S. // Asset Securitization Report;10/1/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p16
The article focuses on the move of rating agencies to clarify issues regarding their improved ratings in the U.S. It is noted that Moody's Investor Service Inc. released an update on its assumptions for rating new structured finance collateralized debt obligations (CDOs). In fact, some rating...
- Ratings Movers: SGL Carbon Up/MedPointe Falls On Zomig Loss. // Bank Loan Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the improvement of the ratings given by Moody's Investors Service to SGL Carbon AG-SGL and Carbon LLC's euro- and dollar-denominated bank debt among other ratings in the U.S. Increase of the ratings on the company's term loan and credit facility; Factors affecting the rise of the...
- Distressed Exchange Pays Off for iPayment. Lewis, Jakema // High Yield Report;12/29/2014, p1
The article informs that corporate family rating of New York-based credit card payment processor iPayment Inc. has been raised to Caa1 from Caa2 Moody's Investors Service. It is noted that probability of default ratings (PDR) has also been upgraded to Caa1-PD/LD from Ca-PD. It is stated that PDR...
- Heavy debt, rising costs hurting city, report says. Stuart // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on credit rating agency Moody's Investor Service's report on the debt status of New Orleans, Louisiana. Examination of the strengths and weaknesses present in the city's economy and finances; Stable outlook for credit ratings of bonds issued by the city; Factors that tempered the...
- Forney, Tex., Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32223, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on the outstanding parity debt of Forney, Texas.
- School District Gets a Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/25/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32305, p27
This article reports that in the third week of January 2005, the rating of the Cedar Rapids Community School District, Iowa, was upgraded from A1 to Aa3 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. The move affects a total of $41.6 million of debt. The deal will advance refund the district's Series 2001...
- Long Beach, N. Y., Off Moody s Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32249, p2
Reports that the Moody's Investors Service Inc. has confirmed the rating on general obligation debt and removed the credit from watch lists for possible downgrade in Long Beach, New York.
- Moody's Lifts Piedmont Power to Baa2. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32354, p4
The article reports on the upgrade of Piedmont Municipal Power Agency's more than $1 billion of debt to Baa2 from Baa3 by Moody's Investors Service. The agency's healthy reserves and some lessening of Piedmont's competitive disadvantage are the major factors being considered in the upgrade.
- Moody's Downgrades Eastlake, Ohio's $17 Million of Debt, Citing Deficit. Carvin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p7
Reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded debt issued by Eastlake, Ohio, the second downgrade for the city since it sold notes to fund construction of a minor-league baseball stadium. Drop in collection of the city's municipal income tax added to deficit; Moody's reservations about...