New Florida Expressway Authority Speeds Toward Approval
- Briefs. // Crain's Detroit Business;03/29/99, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p24
Announces that the Interstate 75 will be closed in both directions between Gratiot Avenue and Interstate 96 in Detroit, Michigan beginning April 5, 1999.
- INTERSTATE 75 VS INTERSTATE 85. // Atlanta;Apr2008, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p50
The article presents information about the two U.S. express highways Interstate 75 (I-75) and Interstate 85 (I-85). Information is given that I-75 spans from balmy Hialeah, Florida, to the Canadian border at Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan. I-85 runs from Montgomery, Alabama, to Petersburg,...
- Tennessee DOT Repairs Interstate Damage from Landslide Ahead of Schedule. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;2/8/2013, p6
The article reports that the Tennessee Department of Transportation completed the repairs to the damage to Interstate-75 caused by a landslide. The event caused the loss of the southbound lanes of the highway and raised concern about the stability of the northbound lanes. Repairs involved the...
- FLORIDA: Express Tolls Eyed for I-75. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32755, p9
The article reports on the application of Southwest Florida Expressway Authority (SFEA) for Expression of Interest with the Federal Highway Administration in Florida. It is inferred that SFEA is considering on filing an application for Expression of Interest to toll express lanes on Interstate...
- House Near Passage of New Stopgap Bill; Senate Has Until Friday to Approve. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p5
Reports that the U.S. House was on the verge of passing a stopgap spending bill that will keep the government operational at fiscal 2002 levels through February 20, 2003. Number of times that the Congress has had to act on similar legislation; Expectations regarding House approval; Need for the...
- How Uncle Sam's Laws Are Made. Robinson, Norborne T. N. // Congressional Digest;Feb33, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p63
Describes all phases of the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate procedures as of February 1933. Overview of the Rule XIII of the U.S. House of Representatives; Highlights of three calendars to which all business coming before the U.S. House shell be referred; Highlights of the Private Calendar...
- Bankruptcy judge. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/2/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the new bankruptcy legislation which passed the U.S. House of Representatives in Nevada. Average increase rate of bankruptcy filings to the court system; Impact of the controversial provision allowing anti-abortion activists on avoiding fines by declaring bankruptcy.
- Defense Bill Holds $200M For Local Companies. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p3
Reports the approval of the National Defense Authorization Act by the United States House of Representatives. Agreement of the House and the Senate on the bill; Budget for San Diego, California companies.
- House returns, primaries. // Hill;8/10/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p16
The author reflects on the expectation from the U.S. Senate for the House to approve the Medicaid and education funding bill.