- Rhode Island Prepares $120M Insured Deal for Its Last Sale of Year. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p3
Reports that the Rhode Island and Providence Plantations is selling $120.7 million of insured debt through negotiation on April 14, 2005. Rhode Island and Providence Plantations' last general obligation deal in 2005; Part of the state's regular capital budget borrowing; Bonds' underlying ratings.
- Louisiana OKs Using Bonds to Reimburse Lines of Credit for Priority 1 Projects. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p3
Reports that the Louisiana Bond Commission has approved a resolution reauthorizing the use of bonds to reimburse lines of credit for Priority 1 Projects. Limited amount that the state can spend on debt service from its income; Capital outlay budget plans; Projects included in Priority 1.
- THE TEXAS STOCK AND BOND LAW AND ITS ADMINISTRATION. Miller, E. T. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov07, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p109
This article focuses on Texas Stock and Bond Law, which limits the amount of stocks and bonds to reasonable value of property and administration of the law in Texas. Different parameters are used to ascertain reasonable value of property held in stocks and bonds. Various provisions of the law...
- Let's Start All Over On Taxes. Taber, George M. // njbiz;2/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p16
Argues that the state of New Jersey must reform its tax system. Increase in the state's property taxes between 1993 and 2003; State of bonding under the administration of Governor James McGreevey; Requirement for New Jersey's tax system.
- Wisconsin Capital Budget Proposal Authorizes $1 Billion in New Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p3
Reports that the Wisconsin Building Commission has endorsed the state's proposed 2001-2003 capital budget that includes general obligation and program supported bonding authorizations. Submission of the capital plan to the Legislature for review; Authorization of more than a billion dollars of...
- Chicago Selling $206M GO Deal With Floating- to Fixed-Rate Swap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31483, p36
Reports the plans of city officials to sell variable-rate general obligation bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Use of proceeds to pay for infrastructure projects; Correlation between fixed-rate and floating-rate component; Impact of tax law changes on bonds.
- N.Y.C. TFA Refunds $711 Million; Cash Bonds End Little Changed. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p2
Reports that the New York City Transitional Finance Authority came into market with 711 million dollars of future tax-secured refunding bonds on March 2, 2004 while cash-bonds were little changed. Decline in headline index in February 2004; Total of sewer revenue and revenue refunding bonds...
- 2 Fla. Pool Deals May Be Taxable IRS Probes Arbitage In $465M of Bonds. Duff Barnett, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p1
Reports on the investigation made by the Internal Revenue Service to the two tax-exempt blind pool bond issues from the Capital Projects Finance Authority in Florida. Total value of the bond; Violation of the bond issues to the arbitrage rules; Taxability of the interest of the issues.
- Finally, Some Good News For Financially Troubled Macon, Ga. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32010, p37
Reports that Investors Service of Moody has took Macon, Georgia's A3 general obligation rating off its watch list for a possible downgrade. Financial problems of Macon; Plan to ask voters to approve a one-cent special purpose local option sales tax; Citation of the rating confirmation and...