Michigan Announces Plan To Cut $380M Deficit, Fund Infrastructure
- Michigan Gov., Lawmakers OK $400M of Tobacco Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32650, p4
The article reports on the move of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to sign a legislation that authorizes the state to issue $400 million of tobacco bonds as part of a larger legislative agreement aimed at wiping out an $800 million deficit in the current budget. The HB 4850 legislation...
- Tax Cut Imperiled. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p51
Reports on the proposed reduction of the annual income tax by Governor Jennifer Granholm to reduce budget deficit in Michigan. Percentage in the income tax to be reduced; Operation of Granholm to reduce spending of the state.
- Michigan Gov. Granholm Warns of $600M Deficit; GM, Ford Woes Grow. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33000, p40
The article focuses on the warning by Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm which reveals that Michigan could face a deficit reaching up to $600 million. It is stated that Granholm would order budget cuts by the end of 2008 and release $150 million from the state treasury for banks to make loans...
- Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm To Approve New State Business Tax. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/2/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32662, p3
The article reports on the plans of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to sign legislation passed by lawmakers replacing the state's expiring corporate single business tax, as cited by her aides. According to Granholm, the new state business tax will make the state's business climate...
- Triumph, then a storm. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p1
Reports on efforts of Governor of Michigan state Jennifer Granholm, to overcome the budget problems in the fiscal year 2002. Tax strategy followed by Granholm; Plans to appoint economic advisers to encourage business in Michigan; Appointments made by Granholm in state departments.
- Tech firms like Granholm's economic plan. Dietderich, Andrew // Crain's Detroit Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p53
Focuses on the economic plans of gubernatorial candidate Jennifer Granholm in Detroit, Michigan. Establishment of Michigan Technology Tri-Corridor for homeland security; Creation of regional partnerships between business, labor and universities for training; Optimism of local technology...
- Transportation Commission to Weigh in on $12M of Detroit Airport Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p4
Reports on the plan of Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm to issue $12 million revenue bonds. Utilization of the proceeds from the bonds; Measures to reduce the state's deficit in fiscal 2003 budget; Proposed date for the state's budget for fiscal 2004 to be tabled.
- Michigan Gov. Granholm Proposes New Jobs Program to Spur Growth. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32806, p3
The article reports on a series of programs proposed by Governor Jennifer Granholm, which aim to spur job growth in Michigan. The programs would be funded through the refunding and restructuring of existing debt, new borrowing, and dipping into the state's pension fund. The state will convert...
- Business dodges budget ax. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Jennifer Granholm, governor of Michigan has not reduced the funding of issues and programs important to business as part of her budget proposal for fiscal 2004 for the state as of March 2003. Money proposed by her to be raised by closing tax loopholes that enable people and...