Mineta: Lawmakers to See Amtrak Reform Bill in April
- Study looks at developing Ridgefield's Neighbor. BRODY, DANIELLE // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/21/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 38, p1
The article examines the viability of realizing transit-oriented development for the town of Branchville, Connecticut. It notes a study of Branchville's train line conducted by the Western Connecticut Council of Governments to determine the town's infrastructure and needs. It also cites the...
- Bill Would Create DOT Competitive Grant Program for Infrastructure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34313, p1
Rep. Brian Higgins, R-N.Y. has introduced a bill that would direct the Transportation Department to establish a competitive grant program for state and local governments, as well as transit and port authorities, to help finance their infrastructure projects.
- A DOT FIX FOR FUNDING? Boyd, John D. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/26/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p28
The article focuses on the plans of the Department of Transportation to make use of the Railroad Rehabilitation & Improvement Finance (RRIF) program to expand the low-interest credit for railroad projects in the U.S. An overview of the proposed $4 billion discretionary infrastructure fund in the...
- Rethinking Rail HOS. Boyd, John D. // Traffic World;2/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 8, p27
The article reports on the submission by a bill that would give the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) authority over rail worker hours of service (HOS) by the Department of Transportation in the U.S. Representative James Oberstar, chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure...
- PUTTING FREIGHT IN FEDERAL POLICY. Cassidy, William B. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/2/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p23
The article offers information on the FREIGHT Act of 2010 in the U.S. The act reportedly requests for an Office of Freight Planning and Development in the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), a plan for a national freight system and a freight grant program. The Association of American...
- House Passes $7-Billion, 4-Year Amtrak Bill. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/9/2015, p1
House passes $7-billion, 4-year Amtrak bill
- STATE & LOCAL NEWS. // U.S. Rail News;Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p5
The article offers news briefs related to railroads in the U.S. Transportation planners in California are defending their cost estimates for the bullet train project after the University of California claims that the estimates were flawed. The CenterPoint Intermodal facility in Illinois will be...
- Chicago Seeks TIFIA Loan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/3/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33888, p7
The article reports on the invitation of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for Chicago, Illinois to submit its formal application for a $100 million Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan for the completion of the Chicago Riverwalk.
- Sens. Boxer, Inhofe Back DOT's TIFIA Loan Program. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/4/2010, Vol. 265 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the support given by leaders of the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee for improving or enlarging the U.S. Department of Transportation's 12-year-old Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan program to help fund major projects.