Bill Would Let NADBank Back Tax-Exempts
- Hutchison's hunt for a red November. // Hill;10/17/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 120, p34
The author reflects on the decision of Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison to not to seek reelection in 2012 and to possibly leave office early for 2010 gubernatorial election in Texas. He speculate that Hutchison's decision may not be because of her love for her native state, but rather...
- TFB honors Sen. Hutchison. // Southwest Farm Press;12/15/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p24
The article announces that Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has received the Texas Farm Bureau's (TFB) Distinguished Service Award.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison. Duncan, Phil; Nutting, Brian // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep98, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p18
Profiles Texas-based Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. Educational attainments at the University of Texas; Hutchison's election to the state Legislature in 1979; Creation of legislation protecting victims of sex offenses.
- Eyes of Texas on Senate seat. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;8/13/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 92, p12
The article focuses on a coterie of Texas Republicans who have lined up to succeed Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison in the U.S. Senate.
- what does kay want? Hollandsworth, Skip // Texas Monthly;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p94
Features Kay Bailey Hutchison, a U.S. senator from Texas. Stand of Hutchison as a politician in Texas; Career in politics; Work ethic.
- What have they done for us lately? // Glamour;Jul94, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p62
Reports on the contribution of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison and other women senators to uphold the honor of the United States Senate.
- Cornyn urges Hutchison to stay, keep Texas seat red: Gubernatorial bid could help the GOP if stayed on Hill. Blake, Aaron; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;1/15/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison who is under pressure in deciding whether to remain in the Senate or run as governor in Texas, while U.S. Senator John Cornyn wanted Hutchison to remain in her current position.
- Premium Shift May Be Next Win for Small Banks. Adler, Joe // American Banker;5/6/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 70, p1
The article reports on an amendment to a U.S. Senate regulatory reform bill for the U.S. banking industry which has been proposed by Senator Jon Tester and Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson. The amendment would require the U.S. government to base deposit insurance rates on assets instead of domestic...
- Texas Senator Plans to Seek $50 Billion for Rail Service. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p48
U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison is crafting legislation that would authorize the issuance of $50 billion of either tax-exempt bonds, which would be exempted from Texas private-activity volume cap or taxable tax-credit bonds in order to finance improvements and additions to the nation's...