Munis Firm in Shorter Session As Yield Levels Attract Some Buyers
- Munis down in meager trading; market waits for non-farm payrolls. Kralev, Nicholas; Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p2
Highlights the April 1, 1999 performance of municipal securities in the United States, following the Treasuries' decline on a National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM) manufacturing report. Light secondary activity; Performance of government bonds; NAPM index.
- Treasuries Rally After Weaker-Than-Expected Regional Report. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on Thursday and bid-ask spreads narrowed after Treasuries rallied on the back of a weaker-than-expected regional manufacturing report. With only an abbreviated Friday session left before the end of the year, traders said...
- N.Y. State Leads With $252M of GOs; Yields Fall Two Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p2
Presents information on bond market in the U.S. on May 1, 2003. New York State, the Port of Seattle, and the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority brought a total of more than 500 million dollars in new loans to market, while cash bond yields fell two basis points overall. Treasuries were...
- Munis Little Changed, Tone Firm; Treasuries Up From Earlier Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p2
Reports on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Change in the municipal yields and treasuries; Expectation of Anne Briglia, a fixed-income strategist at Prudential Securities Inc., regarding treasury trade; Issue of bonds by Goldman Sachs & Co.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p37
Presents statistical data related to bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Data related to daily and weekly municipal bond index; Prices of the U.S. securities; Prices of 40 municipal bonds.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, January 23. // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p2
Presents a chart showing the performance of the bond market in the United States on January 23, 2001. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal futures.
- Munis Ride Coattails of Major Treasury Rally. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p2
The article reports on the impact of large Treasury market rally to the municipal bond market in the U.S. for 2006. The treasuries allowed municipal yields to decline by 3 basis points, making it the largest rally in the year. According to various traders, Treasury rally helped borrowers in...
- S.F. Redevelopment Bonds. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p37
The article reports on the San Francisco Redevelopment Financial Authority board of directors' approval of the issuance of $100 million in tax allocation revenue bonds. The municipal bonds will be sold in the first week of August 2006 and will be closed by August 16. It highlights the two...
- Tuesday's Market: Muni Prices Slide 1/4 to 1/2 Point As Treasury Bonds Take a Dive. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas; The Bond Buyer Wire // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p2
Presents information related to U.S. treasury and municipal bonds in the bond market as of November 20, 2001. Impact of treasury bond prices on secondary market prices; Top yield set by underwriters on issues by Missouri Development Finance Board; Bonds that has comprised the final offering.