Wisconsin Eyes Curbing Hospitals
- Hospitals meet with governor on moratorium. // AHA News;11/03/97, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p6
Deals with the meeting of hospitals advocates in Ohio with Governor George Voinovich about a plan supported by the Ohio Hospitals Association to encourage a 24-month moratorium on the construction of hospitals. Policy questions addressed by Voinivich and the state legislature during the...
- SPECIAL EFFECTS. Zigmond, Jessica // Modern Healthcare;10/30/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 43, p30
The article states that the physician-owned specialty hospitals sector has seen growth since the CMS lifted an extended moratorium on building such facilities in August 2006. James Grant, president of the American Surgical Hospital Association, estimates as many as 30 new construction starts....
- A hospital halt on tap. Colias, Mike // Crain's Chicago Business;3/5/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p1
The article presents information related to the discussion by lawmakers on a moratorium on new hospital construction in Springfield, Illinois. This move could stall billions of dollars in planned projects while legislators mull new ways to decide who gets to build and where. People close to the...
- Treasury Puts Moratorium On PATRIOT Terrorist Rules. // Credit Union Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the declaration of a moratorium on rules governing how financial institutions must search for suspected terrorists or money launderers in the U.S.
- Edwards Aquifer Authority Takes Steps to Protect Comal, San Marcos Springs. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/17/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p23
The article presents information on a temporary moratorium enacted by the Edwards Aquifer Authority on the transfer of groundwater rights across Cibolo Creek in Comal County, Texas.
- Valley Center sewer moratorium ends. // San Diego Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p43
Reports that the Board of Supervisors in San Diego County, California, has lifted the 18-year sewer moratorium in Valley Center as of June 28, 1999.
- Death for penalty. // New Internationalist;Apr2001, Issue 333, p6
Reports the passage of resolutions or referendums calling for a national death-penalty moratorium in the United States.
- Texas Senate OKs Bill to Let County Set Up Own Toll Roads. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32618, p7
The article reports on the approval of a bill that allows Harris County, Texas authority to develop toll roads, by Texas Senate on April 27, 2007. The bill, which gain a 28-to-3 vote on third and final reading, is supported onto a two-year year moratorium on privately financed toll roads that...
- Medicaid moratorium. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;9/19/94, Vol. 138 Issue 18, p108
Reports on the expiration of the 1990 Medicaid rebates and moratorium on cuts on pharmacy reimbursements on December 31, 1994.