- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS. // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p63
Presents the ranking of deal advisers of global mergers and acquisitions as of August 2004. Americas; Europe; Asia.
- 5 Deals. // Money Management;12/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p26
The article presents information on the top five deals in financial services in Australia in 2005. The St. George Bank sold its investment research firm, Assirt, to Standard & Poor's, which is an international ratings agency. The deal involved the research businesses and managed fund data of...
- MiFID to push rates up. Hadfield, Will // Computer Weekly;6/13/2006, p56
The article reports that city business analysts will see their rates increase by 20% before the end of the year as investment banks compete for skilled people to implement the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive. Business and impact analysts, who assess how major change will affect...
- Investment Banker Prestige and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings. Johnson, James M.; Miller, Robert E. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Summer88, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p19
This article develops and tests the three main hypotheses explaining why issues underwritten by prestigious investment bankers should exhibit lower initial returns and why this result is not an anomaly. First, the results of five previous studies are replicated, and all find that prestigious...
- 'No Sale' for Street On Most Retail Deals. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the decline in the number of retailers using investment banks as merger and acquisition (M&A) advisers in 2005. Total number of retail M&A deals; Total number of companies using investment banks; Reason why retailers use an investment bank's service.
- Choice of investment banker and shareholders' wealth of firms involved in acquisitions. Bowers, Helen M.; Miller, Robert E. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Winter1990, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on choice of investment banker and shareholders' wealth of firms involved in acquisitions. The value of the investment-banking function, when applied to corporate acquisitions, has become a topic of interest to all participants in the financial community. Corporate managers...
- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/6/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p21
The article presents a table related to investment banking in the U.S.
- Why Investment Bankers Are Adding Critical Skills for M&A Clients. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p25
Presents a roundtable discussion on the increasing number of skills and services that merger-and-acquisition (M&A) clients demand from their investment bankers. Examples of additional services provided by investment bankers; Proposed ban on pooling of interest accounting; Deal valuation...
- Main Street Banks Says It Had 8 Suitors. Davis, Paul // American Banker;3/1/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 40, p3
The article focuses on the $2.5 billion asset Main Street Banks Inc. of Atlanta, who claim that eight companies expressed interest in buying the company, before it sold to BB&T of Winton-Salem, North Carolina. The investment bank Burke Capital Group LLC was hired by Main Street Banks in August...