Huge M&A Surge Not Happening in '05
- Acquisition Deals Abound Among ISOs. // ISO & Agent Weekly;7/27/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p10
The article reports on the acquisition opportunity among independent sales organizations (ISOs) of all sizes in the U.S. It is claimed that ISOs have some sort of acquisition chance as an investor in the acquiring industry. Moreover, it is stressed that the smaller companies are targets of...
- Company news. // American City & County;Apr2004, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p18
Presents news briefs on consolidation and merger of corporations in the U.S., as of April 1, 2004. Engineering Design and Inspection Services by Springfield, Illinois-based Crawford, Murphy & Tilly; Tesseract Technologies by Dayton, Ohio-based Woolpert; Trkla, Pettigrew, Allen & Payne by San...
- Window of opportunity. Willott, Bob // Design Week;2/2/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the increase of merger and acquisition activity among business enterprises in Great Britain. During the fiscal year 2005, marketing services company-owners thought it would be wise to sell their businesses sooner rather than later. Current trends indicate a significant...
- FedEx and UPS deliver much more than mail. // DSN Retailing Today;5/23/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p35
The article reports on UPS and FedEx's entry into the retail market. The two companies the entered the retail market via acquisition. UPS bought Mail Boxes Etc. in April 2001 and PVdEx followed up with its acquisition of Kinko's in December 2003. UPS has grown dramatically the network of stores...
- Savoring a Rich Mix Of Deal Drivers. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on the growth of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market in the U.S. Factors stimulating the buyer and seller confidence in the market; Reasons of companies for conducting M&A deals; Information on several M&A deals conducted in the country's business sectors.
- Applied Acquires ATMI Treatment Systems Biz. // Electronic News;12/20/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 51, pN.PAG
Reports on the purchase of the Treatment systems business of ATMI Inc. by Applied Materials Inc. Plans of Applied for the treatment systems business; Advantage of the acquisition for Applied; Services provided by the Treatment Systems division of ATMI.
- HNC Sale Price Drops $200 Million. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p8
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Acquisition of HNC Software Inc. by Fair Isaac & Co.; Sale of several business units owned by Peregrine; Merger of Parasoul LLC with Focus Multimedia.
- Planting seeds, reaping rewards. Evans, Terry C. // Home Channel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p11
The article examines tactics and focuses specifically on how the retailer is utilizing out-of-the-box thinking in every aspect of business. One significant initiative is expansion in the pro arena, where the Home Depot Supply division is experiencing double-digit growth. Aside from its Home...
- Summary of U.S. Public Merger Activity Greater Than $100 M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p7
Presents a chart which gives a summary of public merger deals greater than $100 million in the United States as of October 9, 2000. Acquiring companies; Acquired companies; Information on the background of the companies.