ING to Acquire Stake in Bank of Beijing
- Citi, State Street Unloading Venture To Refocus Assets. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;5/5/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 86, p2
The author reports on the sale of CitiStreet LLC by Citigroup Inc. and State Street Corp. CitiStreet, which is being sold to ING Group NV for $900 million, is a joint venture between State Street and Citigroup. Reasons why CitiStreet is being sold are mentioned. Services which CitiStreet offers...
- ReliaStar Deal Brings ING Biggest Independent Broker Network. Staples, Edward // Advisor Today;Jun2000, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p31
Looks at the takeover offer of ING, a life insurance firm in Amsterdam, Netherlands, for ReliaStar Financial, a publicly-held insurance company in the United States (U.S.). Cost of the proposed acquisition; Impact of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Act of the U.S. on the stock price...
- ING Group Acquires Direct Bank Entrium. // American Banker;7/24/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 141, p11
ING Group NV announced on Wednesday that it had bought Entrium, Germany's second-largest direct bank. Entrium gives ING Group NV's Italian unit, DiBa, additional products as well as scale in online brokerage, mutual funds and consumer loans. The direct operations of Entrium also fit ING Direct's...
- ING Issues IPO Prospectus for Canada Unit. Bloomberg News // American Banker;11/1/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 210, p23
Reports that ING Group NV of Amsterdam filed a preliminary prospectus for the initial public offering of its Canadian unit. How the company use the proceeds to fund its acquisition of Allianz AG's property and casualty unit in Canada; Details of the initial public offering.
- Aetna Now Conferring With ING Over Possible Sale Of Financial Services And International Businesses. // Insurance Advocate;06/03/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 23, p32
Reports that Aetna has started negotiations with ING Group that could lead to the sale of all or part of its financial services and international businesses. Purpose of the move; Remarks from William H. Donaldson, chairman and chief executive officer of Aetna.
- ING set to acquire Mawson Securities. Kachor, Kate // Money Management;4/5/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that Mawson Securities Group will be sold to ING in May 2007, a deal which is subject to the agreement of its shareholders in New South Wales. According to the author, about 120 Mawson shareholders will meet at the company's Unley headquarters on April 23, 2007 to make final...
- ING seeing endgame in its plan to unload all Asian subsidiaries. APPELL, DOUGLAS // Pensions & Investments;4/29/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p2
The article looks at financial services company ING Group NV as of 2013, focusing on its sale of its investment-management subsidiaries in Asian countries including China, Thailand, and South Korea. It says the assets are selling at lower prices than anticipated. The relationship between its...
- ING in Deal to Buy Allianz Canada Units. // American Banker;10/12/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 196, p16
Reports that ING Group and Allianz Group said that ING Canada has agreed to buy Allianz's property and casualty insurance operations in Canada. Details of the agreement.
- ING Draws Bidders For Asian Asset Arm. Dow Jones // American Banker;5/16/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 76, p9
The article notes ING Group received bids from Nikko Asset Management of Japan and Macquarie Group of Australia for ING's Asian asset management unit and also how ING might use the proceeds from its auction.