MassPike prices bonds in final big sale for Central Artery
- Waiting to seal the deal. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Dec2004, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the Central Artery/Tunnel project which has been opened to the public by the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA) in 2004. Details of an accident in the tunnel's slurry wall; Installation of a waterproofing system; Efforts made by MTA to keep the public informed.
- D.C.'s Proposed Water Plan May Prime the Bond Pump. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31168, p6
Reports on District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority's plan to build three cavernous underground tunnels. Issuance of tax-exempt municipal bonds to finance the construction; Other funding sources.
- N.J. Agency to Vote on Bans for Tunnel. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p24
Reports that the South Jersey Transportation Authority board is expected to vote to allow the agency to issue bond anticipation notes for upcoming construction projects. Proposed funding for the construction of a tunnel linking the Atlantic City Expressway with Mirage Resorts proposed casino...
- Bond issue to finance Massachusetts Turnpike restructuring, `bid dig'. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p30
Reports on the approval of bond issues in Massachusetts by the state Turnpike Authority. Use of the proceeds from the issues for the authority's Central Artery/Tunnel project; Reasons for choosing the authority in charge of the project; Value of the estimated issues.
- Moody's Is Reviewing Financial Impact of Boston Tunnel Closure. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p32
The article reports that U.S.-based credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service is undertaking a review to determine the financial impact of the decision to shutdown the Ted Williams Tunnel in Boston, Massachusetts following a partial ceiling collapse that left one person dead. The revenue...
- GOOD FAITH BARGAINING AVERTS DETROIT-GRADE CONTRACT TERMS. MARSH, DDN // Concrete Products;Sep2013, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p4
The author reflects on a project Big Dig, Central Artery/Tunnel Project in Boston that rerouted the Central Artery, remains a gift that keeps on taking from Bay State taxpayers and Boston area motorists using Massachusetts Turnpike Authority routes. He further informs that the initial cost of...
- Fitch Lowers MassPike's Big Dig Debt, But Affirms Western Turnpike Rating. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p3
Reports that rating agency Fitch Ratings has downgraded multi-million dollar worth of bonds sold by Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. Factors responsible for the downgrade of the bonds; Affirmation of MTA's western turnpike rating; Concerns regarding MTA's finances.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31789, p25
No abstract available.
- Fitch Places Mass. Turnpike Authority Highway Bonds on Negative Watch. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p63
Reports on the inclusion of the highway system bonds of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority on the Rating Watch Negative by Fitch. Amount of the bonds; Credit rating of the bonds; Deterioration on the revenues of the authority.