- NEW KID IN TOWN: THE GEORGIA REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY AND ITS ROLE IN MANAGING GROWTH IN METROPOLITAN GEORGIA. Nelson, Arthur C. // Wake Forest Law Review;Fall2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p625
Evaluates the establishment of the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority (GRTA) in 1999. Information on the events leading to the establishment of the GRTA; Elements of effective growth management institutions; Summary of the key features of the legislation creating the GRTA.
- Georgia Transit Agency Seeking Executive Director. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p4
Reports on the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority's expected selection of an executive director during a meeting on September 8, 1999, as it prepares to develop its transportation agenda. State Governor Roy Barnes' comments on the authority's possible use of bonds; Basis of the...
- Flex Trolley: Transit Without The Track. Hardin, Marie // Georgia Trend;May2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the transportation service in Atlanta, Georgia. Attainment of the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority bus program; Changes in the perception towards bus service; Investments on trolleys.
- GRTA Unveils Master Plan at Three-Day Muni Forum in Atlanta. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/25/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30754, p4
Highlights the municipal securities forum held in Atlanta, Georgia, on October 20-22, 1999. Introduction of municipal securities professionals to the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority's master plan; Proposal to improve air quality in the city; Shortening of transportation routes in the...
- ARC's West: High time to work together. Donner, JoAnne // Georgia Trend;Apr99, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p122
Highlights views of Harry West, executive director of Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC), concerning the review of its transportation plan by the Georgia Regional Transport Authority (GRTA). Need for the two organizations to work together; Difference in powers of ARC and GRTA; ARC's...
- Day of Reckoning. Florio, Elizabeth // Atlanta;Jul2012, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p24
The article offers information on the traffic and transportation scenario of Atlanta, Georgia. It states that at stake in the ten-county Atlanta region is a 6.14 billion dollars list of 157 roadway and transit projects staggering in its specificity and transformative potential. It mentions that...
- Market To Focus On More Distant Data. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Forecasts the focus of the bond market in the United States.
- Munis Drop But Still Beat Treasuries Amid Light Supply, Secondary Activity. Kralev, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on June 21, 1999. Prices of municipal bonds; Enthusiasm among investors; Trading of tax-exempt bonds.
- Market Snapshot. // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p2
Presents a chart related to the bond market in the United States on June 21, 1999.