N.J. Nets wants $100 million from state to build arena in Newark
- The Nets' new owners have the Meadowlands playing defense. Appelbaum, Alec // Business News New Jersey;07/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p4
Details the plan to move the basketball team New Jersey Nets to a planned stadium in downtown Newark, New Jersey. Effect of the basketball team owners' decision on the economy of Meadowlands; Effort of the team to increase its revenues; Discussion between the city and team owners on the finance...
- Intelligencer. // New York;4/6/2009, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p13
A timeline of events is presented regarding the building of a basketball stadium for the New Jersey Nets professional basketball team.
- Nets bringing more than fans to Brick City. Hallock, Chip // njbiz;3/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p15
The article reports that the Prudential Center, the new stadium of the New Jersey Nets basketball team, has attracted 3.5 million visitors.
- Arena faces a full-court press from NBA lockout. KITCHENMAN, ANDREW // njbiz;8/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p1
The article reports that the Prudential Center, the stadium of the basketball team New Jersey Nets, is required to put on hold the 45 game dates scheduled for the team due to the National Basketball Association (NBA) lockout.
- Emerging from the mire. Wilner, Barry // Basketball Digest;Mar1998, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p28
Profiles the New Jersey Nets basketball team. Comparisons to the 1996-97 season; Comments from player, Jayson Williams; Reference to the player Keith Van Horn; Information on comments from general manager John Nash.
- Newark 'hungry for the NBA,' Nets' move to Brick City. KITCHENMAN, ANDREW // njbiz;3/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p5
The article reports that businesses and firms in Newark, New Jersey are preparing for the move by the New Jersey Nets basketball team to their new stadium in the Prudential Center.
- Sport pretenders new contenders. Goldstein, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;04/13/98, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the efforts of the New Jersey Nets basketball team to attract fans. Comments from Nets President Michael R. Rowe and Leo T. Ehrline executive vice president for sales and marketing; Loss the Nets recorded for the 1997 season; Marketing strategies adopted by the Nets to attract more...
- New Jersey Nets. Brennan, John // Sporting News;11/4/96, Vol. 220 Issue 45, pS-23
Features the New Jersey Nets basketball team. Team's record for the 1995-1996 season; Strengths and weaknesses; Forecasts for the 1996-1997 season.
- New Jersey Nets. Brennan, John // Sporting News;11/03/97, Vol. 221 Issue 44, pS-17
Previews New Jersey Nets' overall capability to win the 1998 National Basketball Association championship. Strength and weakness; Defense and offense; Key players; Performance records; Health of the team.