Moody's downgrades Capital Re, Capital Reinsurance
- Industry gives cap re vote of confidence; questions remain. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;03/16/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30599, p1
Reports on the municipal bond insurance community's reactions to Moody's Investors Service's downgrade of Capital Reinsurance Co., the first time a triple-A monoline financial guarantor was downgraded. Factors for downgrading; Implications of Moody's actions for the industry; Analysts'...
- Hands off the rating agencies. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/24/97, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p24
Discusses the question of whether state insurance regulators should oversee the activities of commercial rating agencies. Concerns raised by state regulators and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC); NAIC's exploration of methods to foster cooperation and understanding...
- N.Y. regulators seek rating agency cooperation. Lonkevich, Dan; Otis, L.H. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/16/96, Vol. 100 Issue 51, p26
Discusses the issue of whether the quasi-regulatory role played by major commercial rating agencies, poses a threat to the prerogatives of state insurance regulators. Discussion on this issue held by the New York insurance department; Institutionalizing cooperation and communication between...
- Usage and dependence of life professionals on rating agencies continues high, new PULSE survey... // Insurance Advocate;02/15/97, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the results of PULSE's Winter 1996-1997 Life Insurance Rating Service survey indicating the increased usage of rating services among financial professionals. Rating services listed for the comment; Use of rating services among home office employees; Delineating the motivation for...
- NAII study backs territorial rating. Esters, Stephanie D. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/15/96, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p3
Reports that the National Association of Independent Insurers (NAII) opposed restrictions on territorial rating. How insurers have the potential to support the validity of territorial rating; Estimated amount of money insurers in Altanta, Georgia paid in loss costs; What would result if...
- Analysts Ponder Slowdown In Premium Growth Rates. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/7/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the views of market analysts on the decline in insurance premium growth rates in the United States in 2001. Statistics; Factors that contributed to the decline; Projections for year 2002.
- Muhl: Regs. may be needed for raters. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/29/96, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the suggestion by New York Insurance Superintendent Edward J. Muhl that it might be time to consider regulation of insurance rating agencies. Case of Cigna; Alleged liberties taken by rating agencies.
- Moody's puts Cap Re on review for downgrade. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30316, p39
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's ratings for the claims-paying ability of Capital Re Corp. as of January 23, 1998.
- Capital Re jumps by 14% in 4th quarter. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30325, p35
Reports on the increase in Capital Re Corp.'s net income in the fourth quarter of 1997.