Prospects brighten for Garvee issuance in Colorado
- North Carolina. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports that members of the Raleigh City Council in North Carolina voted to begin preparing a $45 million road bond referendum for May 5, 1997. Annual spendings on road construction.
- Florida County May Resort to Tax-Backed Bonds for Road Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p3
Reports on the pending decision by commissioners in Polk County, Florida on whether or not they will sell a revenue bond issue to finance a road expansion program. Rejection by voters of a sales tax allowing the project to proceed; Source of debt service from a public-service tax on gross...
- West Virginia Set for Highway GO Issue; 3d in $550 Million Package. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p29
Reports on West Virginia's plan to sell general obligation highway bonds by negotiation on June 20, 2000. Value of the transaction; Underwriter and co-managers of the deal.
- Massachusetts goes for the Gans, again; officials see no reason to tinker. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p32
Features the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' floatation of $321.4 million of federal highway grant participation notes. Uses of the proceeds of and security for the municipal bonds; Assessment of the bonds by various credit rating agencies; Structure of the issue.
- Utah adjusts GO plan to help repair roads for 2002 Olympics. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30190, p28
Reports that state officials in Utah has advanced the sale schedule of $205 million of general obligation bonds on August 5, 1997. Planned used of funds generated from the sale to finance road improvement in the state; State government's launching of its first commercial paper program.
- A changed market for N.Y. thruway issue. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p2
Reports on municipal bond market conditions for the New York State Thruway Authority's new-money and refunding bonds set on September 3, 1997.
- Polk Co., Fla., Moves Ahead With Bond Sale. // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p2
Reports that Polk County, Florida commissioners will issue one bond for $65 million, instead of two, to finance a long-awaited road expansion program. Revenue sources to back the bond; Local-option tax; Voters' rejection of the infrastructure sales tax; Imposition of gas tax.
- Lobbyists Push $3.5B Colorado Highway Bond Plan. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;12/22/2015, p25
The article reports on the plan of Colorado business leaders including Fix North I-25 Business Alliance's David May to gather support for a 3.5 billion U.S. dollar highway bond program as the Colorado General Assembly prepares for its 2016 session.
- Arkansas governor's highway plan calls for $575 million in Garvees. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p36
Reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has asked voters to approve $575 million of debt for highways. Funding provided by both federal highway grants and general obligation bonds; Reasons for lowering the bond issue.