Canadian Imperial Bank stands by its U.S. public finance unit
- Companies size up outsourcing. Duvall, Mel // Inter@ctive Week;01/12/98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p33
Presents information on the Canadian Banking industry with reference to the impact of the competition felt by the Canadian Imperial Bank (CIBC). Information on the competition; Comments from Joe Heim, a spokesman for the CIBC's electronic banking division; Details on a survey carried out by...
- CIBC to teach derivatives. // Canadian Banker;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the holding of a seminar on financial derivatives by the company CIBC at the bank's Leadership Training Centre in Toronto. Goal of the bank of becoming one of the top 12 banks in the world in derivatives trading.
- July leading indicators. // CIBC Observations;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 5 Issue 7/8, p45
Looks at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce's (CIBC) economic indicator `EconoNet.' Details on Canada's employment in the services industries with reference to the United States' economy; Indepth look at `PriceNet,' CIBC's inflation indicator.
- Canadian Imperial takes 18 U.S. Treasury specialists off Warburg's hands. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;7/17/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 135, p6
Reports on Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce's hiring of an 18-member American government securities team from S.G. Warburg. Responsibilities of the team; Canadian Imperial's global strategy of augmenting its product base, generating significant client benefits and expanding presence in the...
- Canadian Imperial enters swaps, high-yield debt, and loan trading in the U.S. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;5/5/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 86, p4
Reports on Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce's trading of bank loans and derivatives and underwriting high yield debt in the United States. John Hunkin of CIBC Wood Gundy's rationalization for the expansion; Plan of the bank to increase the size of its US securitizations; Details on the bank's...
- Canadian Imperial Bank adds 6 derivatives pros. // American Banker;4/26/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 79, p24
Reports that Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce has hired six derivatives specialists, including former executives of Bankers Trust New York Corp. and Chemical Banking Corp.
- Anatomy of a Building. Monroe, Linda K. // Buildings;Apr2003, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p38
Part II. Describes development and construction of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in 300 Madison Avenue in New York City, as of April 2003. Structural and exterior upgrades; Construction specifications; Incorporation of security measures in building design and construction.
- Big Canadian bank enters the auto insurance market. Cox, Brian // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/23/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the expansion of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Insurance (CIBC) into the automobile insurance market. Purpose of the expansion; Features of the company's insurance product.
- CIBC opens new banking centre. Christensen, Fiona // Northern Ontario Business;Jul93, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p16
Reports on Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce's (CIBC) opening of a multipurpose banking center in Timmins, Ontario. Cost; Innovative equipment; Area; Services offered; Comment from CIBC President Holger on the bank's role in aiding economic development in Timmins.