Whitman announces N.J. development plans
- Revolt of suburbs on growth. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;1/20/99, Vol. 91 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the efforts of state and local governments, in the United States, to adopt proposals which would set aside undeveloped land for conservation beginning in the late 1990s. Number of states adopting growth-management plans; The effect of unrestrained land development on the environment;...
- New Jersey pushes cleanups by offering new carrots. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/19/98, Vol. 240 Issue 3, p18
States that in order to rejuvenate contaminated industrial sites in the state, a program was launched to encourage reuse with liability protections and technology incentives to developers in the construct industry by the New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Comments from Joseph Gonzalez,...
- A promise unfulfilled. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p22
Editorial. Comments on New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman's failure to fulfill her campaign promise of privatization. Public employees' certification of Department of Environment compliance; Reliance on licensed private sector professionals to make certain things are done.
- Lucky numbers for schools. // State Government News;May99, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the decision of New Jersey to the allow the Big Game lottery to operate in the state. Plan of Governor Christine Todd Whitman for the funds that will be generated from the lottery; Opponents of her plan.
- Whitman's losing speed. // Business News New Jersey;07/13/98, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p16
Editorial. Comments on the proposed gasoline tax of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman. Use of the tax to repair roads and fund open spaces; Question on the future agenda of Whitman on her second term.
- State of the States. Schnaiberg, Lynn; White, Kerry A.; Archer, Jeff; Abercrombie, Karen L.; Hendrie, Caroline; Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy; Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;01/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p15
Presents news briefs on education policies in the United States as of January 20, 1999. Information on the proposals of Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull; Priority of Idaho Governor Dirk Kempthorne; Details on the rebate program proposed by New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman.
- Several insurance laws signed by N.J. Gov. Christine Whitman. // Insurance Advocate;01/31/98, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p24
Presents bills affecting the insurance industry that were signed into law by New Jersey Governor Christine Whitman at the conclusion of the legislative session on January 12, 1998. Requirement for podiatrists to obtain malpractice insurance; Exemption on the payment of personal injury protection...
- Off to a good start in the regulation wars. // Business News New Jersey;1/24/96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p20
Editorial. Focuses on New Jersey's regulation policies. Economic aspects; Evaluation of New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman; Implications; Expectations; Executive Internet seminars.
- Whitman Urges Flexible. // Chemical Week;11/21/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 43/44, p41
Relates the request of United States Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Christine Todd Whitman to her regional directors for leniency in implementing state regulations.