Michigan's GO debt upgraded by S&P
- S&P Puts Puerto Rico Electric Agency On Watch Following Plant Fire Damage. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p4
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to place the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority's $5.2 billion of outstanding revenue bonds on watch for a possible downgrade. It discusses the concerns about the financial effect of fire damage to the authority's plant in Palo Seco. Two...
- S& P's Storm Report. DeSue, Tedra; Go, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/31/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32208, p1
Focuses on the release of a report by Standard & Poor's Corp. which placed some Gulf Coast region municipal issuers on its negative Credit Watch list due to the impact of Hurricane Katrina. Magnitude of damage caused by the hurricane in New Orleans; Rationale behind the action of Standard &...
- Upgrades Topped Downgrades for 12 Straight Qtrs: S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34414, p25
The articles reports on how Standard & Poor's Ratings Services upgraded more U.S. public finance ratings that those that were downgraded during the third quarter of 2015, marking the longest quarterly streak of upgrades since the first quarter of 2001 when compared to downgrades.
- Michigan Loses Last Triple-A. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31791, p1
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to downgrade its rating for Michigan to AA-plus from AAA. Michigan's decision to eliminate a shortfall in the fiscal 2004 budget; Failure of the state's manufacturing-based economy to pick up speed at the pace the economy has nationally; Impact of...
- S&P's Rate of Upgrades Accelerates in April. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/5/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32871, p1
The article reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P's) has continued making rating changes to public finance credits in the U.S. in April 2008. According to Bill Montrone, managing director and head of S&P's U.S. public finance group, the agency has been upgrading municipal...
- New Orleans Sewerage Upgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34115, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has raised its rating on the city of New Orleans' senior-lien sewer revenue bonds to A from A-minus, issued for the Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans, and assigned A rating to the city's series 2014 sewer revenue and refunding bonds.
- Lake Hallie, Wis., Upgraded to AA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F342, p19
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has upgraded its ratings on the general obligation (GO) promissory notes, the series 2014A taxable GO community development bonds, and series 2014 B GO bonds issued by the village of Lake Hallie, Wisconsin.
- Monroe County, Mich., MTFs Upgraded to AAA by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;12/16/2014, p12
The article reports that the Ratings Services of financial services company Standard and Poor (S&P) raised its rating on the series 2005 limited-tax general obligation Michigan Transportation Fund (MTF) bonds of Monroe County, Michigan to AAA because of the MTF bonds' strong debt service coverage.
- Lyons Village, Ill., Downgraded to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;12/16/2014, p13
The article reports that the Ratings Services of financial service company Standard and Poor (S&P) lowered its rating on a series 2009A general obligation limited-tax bonds of Lyons Village, Illinois from A to A-minus due to low nominal fund balance and weak budgetary performance.