A Sporting Chance
- Super show stats. Dvorak, Jeanette // American Fitness;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the Sporting Goods Manufacturers of America's trade show entitled `The Super Show' in Atlanta, Georgia on February 4-7, 1994. Information on last year's Super Show; Contact information.
- Golf keeps growing. // Golf World;06/27/97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p8
Reports on a study conducted by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association regarding sales of United States sports equipment, apparel and footwear. Overall findings of the study; Ranking of golf in sales leadership; Equipment that topped the money count.
- Dark cloud hangs over Super Show as industry braces for tough year. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;2/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the troubling issues faced by the sporting goods industry in 2000. Impact of the Super Show of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association on retailers and consumers; Impact of the year 2000 being an Olympic year with summer games to be held in Australia on the sale of sporting...
- Super show still offers excitement. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;3/6/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the sporting goods and products which were presented at the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's annual 2000 Super Show. Seal Mask swim goggles from US Divers; Potential profits for team sports dealers; Performance in the basketball category.
- Honoring the Past and Looking to the Future. James // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the history of "Sporting Goods Business" magazine and provides a brief biographical sketch. The magazine was launched in 1968 as a free publication for sporting goods retailers and is now part of the SportsOneSource Group. The author states that the biggest change is that...
- Sporting Goods Market on the Rise. // American Fitness;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the report released by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association on the state of the sporting goods industry in the United States in 2000. Factors which contribute to the growth of the industry; Sales of sporting goods equipment; Sales of athletic footwear; Projected sales of...
- Trade association mounts campaign to stem proliferation of trade shows. // Marketing News;3/2/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p7
The article focuses on the initiative launched by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association (SGMA) to promote the proliferation of trade shows in the sporting goods industry. The efforts of the SGMA to increase the number of sporting goods trade shows is being supported by the industry. SGMA...
- Sporting Goods Retailers Look to Rebound From Consolidation. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/15/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 55, p14
This article reports on the highlights of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's Industry Leaders Summit that was held in Washington. Executives from 80 companies discussed the problems facing their industry and new initiatives that are intended to improve the bottom line. A key...
- Sports marketers must prepare to `go gray'. Schneidman, Diane // Marketing News;11/20/87, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p16
The article discusses on the possible increase in demand for sporting goods from the section of older people in the U.S. in the near future, according to a survey by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association. The survey revealed that major population of the country is aging and there will be...