In Commercial Sphere, Cable Has the Edge
- Upfront and Center Time. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;3/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p58
Discusses several issues concerning the cable television industry in the U.S., as of March 2005. Emergence of upfront and advertising sales presentations by cable networks; Expectations regarding negotiations between buyers and sellers in the upfront market; Description of a broadcast-network...
- Cable upfront ends flat at $750M. Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;9/16/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 38, p39
Reports on the sales posted by the cable television upfront market in the U.S. in 1991. Comments from cable executives; Background on the discounting strategy of leading television networks during their upfront season; Impact of an increase in quality programming and subsequent growth on sales...
- Brainstorming Ad Sellers Generate Idea Leads. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p56
Focuses on sales ideas and strategies that members of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) drew up during the CAB Local Cable Sales Management Conference held in Denver, Colorado. Offering of introductory sales packages to new customers; Customization of promotions; Attraction of local...
- TV upfront headed toward double-digit gains. STEINBERG, BRIAN // Advertising Age;5/9/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 19, p1
The article examines business forecasting for the so-called "upfront" advance sales period for television and cable television advertising for the 2011-2012 television season. A prediction by Les Moonves, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of broadcasting firm CBS Corp. that his company will enjoy...
- WHY TODAY'S UPFRONT MATTERS LESS THAN YOU MIGHT IMAGINE. Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;6/7/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 23, p6
The article examines the so-called "upfront" sales period for television advertising and cable television advertising for the 2010-2011 television season. The upfront, traditionally considered the most financially important event for broadcast television networks, has gradually become a less...
- The car's the thing in new Toyota Echo ads. Halliday, Jean // Automotive News;10/9/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5898, p18
Focuses on Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.'s advertising campaign for its Echo automobile on cable television networks in the United States. Targeting of young consumers; Development of the advertisements by Saatchi and Saatchi; Humorous theme of the commercials; Projected number of units to be...
- M.J. CAVANAGH. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;6/4/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 23, p7
The article focuses on women sales executive Mary Jean Cavanagh, discussing her role as in television advertising sales for several cable television networks.
- Turner Sees Upfront Coming In at $4.6B. // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p2
Reports on Turner Broadcasting Sales Inc. officials' predictions on cable television's advertising sales growth in the United States.
- Mag Tied to Network May Give Lifetime a Boost. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the launch of 'Lifetime' magazine published by Hearst, on April 2003. Rate base and distribution of the magazine upon its launch; Information on the pre-launch promotion of the magazine; Details of the magazine's promotion through Lifetime Television network.