SeaChange Posits an Axiom
- Cable getting ready for future of TV ads. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p14
Explores cable television advertising options in the United States. Opportunities offered by video-on-demand and other forms of digital broadband interactivity; Changes in cable's advertising paradigm; Experiments on advertising alternatives for broadband and interactive television.
- Camiant, SeaChange integrate platforms. // CED;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the integration of Camiant's Universal Edge Resource Manager (UERM) and SeaChange International's Axiom On Demand open content delivery system. It states that the move will provide cable operators the ability to manage their QAM resources for standard-definition (SD) and...
- Victories: Be Careful What You Wish For. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p17
Cable operators are beginning to enjoy success with video-on-demand (VOD), but they face significant obstacles. To support a maturing business, and to turn less easily accessible potential revenue streams into real profits, both architectures and software driving them will need far more...
- Cable TV: Joining the interactive movement. Torr, David // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the interactive services of cable television providers in the United States. Return path problems; DVB standard; Benefits from the use of coaxial cables.
- Who's going interactive? Blake, Pat // Telephony;01/13/97, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p18
Features various cable television networks in the United States that are offering interactive television services. Sony Pictures Entertainment's Game Show Network; Source Media's Interactive Channel and ChannelLink; @Home which is backed by Tele-Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and Cox...
- Satellite grows in popularity. Anto-Awuakye, Cecilia; Sonoo Singh // Marketing Week;1/24/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the growth of popularity of cable and satellite (C&S) channels in Great Britain. Trend in consolidation in the C&S industry; Increase in the use of interactive television; Demographic profile of television viewers.
- Convergence With Love. Grumet, Tobey // Popular Mechanics;Mar2000, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Wink technology used by networks along with cable companies to allow interaction with television. Advantages of the technology; Comments on the fate of the Wink technology.
- Interactive TV Business Models in a Cable TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 52, p54
Examines the market prospects for interactive television in the United States. Impact of interactive television on cable television operators; Current and future business models for interactive television in the U.S.; Other major areas for revenues from interactive-television commerce. INSET:...
- Fulfilling the promise. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p22
Discusses ways in which the cable industry will capitalize on the potential of interactive television (ITV). Projected increase in demand for interactive services; Annual revenues to be generated by ITV by 2005; Cable operators' deployment of digital set-top boxes to add tiers of programming;...