Software Improves Efficiency Of Terayon's CherryPicker
- STREAMLINED SALES. G. W. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/5/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 17, p19
The article reports on the effort of software vendors to streamline their user interfaces and automate as many task as possible in response to the growing complexity of deals between advertising agencies and cable networks in the U.S.
- Midsize Cablers Go Out for a Spin. Mandese, Joe // Television Week;8/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p14
Discusses research approaches to media buying services shared by a group of midsize cable network executives in a meeting in New York in July 2004. Cable network value analyzer software of Hallmark Channel; Use of a combination of Nielsen Media Research commercial tuning data and advertisement...
- Cable ad servers move to central architecture. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;4/8/96, Vol. 126 Issue 15, p64
Reports that cable advertisement insertion equipment manufacturers in the United States are moving away from single-channel integrity architecture to mainframe servers. Features of the servers; Description of Texscan MSI's 3200DS digital ad insertion system; Channelmatic's use of...
- Getting to Know You: TWC Dials Up Analysts. // Communications Technology;
The article provides information on the future plans of the cable company Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) which were discussed with business analysts. It reports that TWC plans to have switched digital video (SDV) in three-quarters of its systems by the end of 2007. It reports that TWC would like...
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- MSOs spiff up their images, boost service. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the effort of multiple system operators in the United States' cable broadcasting industry to advertise their products effectively. Reference to the amount of money spent by cable operators in advertising; Comments from Ray Katz, analyst at Bear Stearns company; Reference to the...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.
- Stakes rising in cable TV's sports battle. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;4/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 15, pS14
Reports on advertising of sports networks on cable television in the late 1990s. Size of ESPN including networks, radio, and Web sites; How the cost of buying sports television is increasing; Problems in selling advertising; Comments.