Cisco Eyes Cable Bonding
- New Tools Address Demands. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that broadcast and cable networks in the U.S. are installing new technology tools in 2006 in order to meet the increasing demands of the new, digital-based distribution models. It offers information on the inability of television networks to just make an announcement to offer...
- CableLabs studies fixed wireless as extension cord to businesses. Dawson // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p37
Reports on cable industry advancements towards the use of fixed-wireless broadband technology as a means of extending the industry's infrastructure into the business sector. Strategic position of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. towards developing the system; Promotion of new wireless...
- Hurry Up and Wait: MSOs Encourage Subs to DIY. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);8/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p46
Introduces the ControlWorks, a broadband connectivity software for cable television from BroadJump. Key component of the software; Features of the software; Benefits of the software to operators and subscribers. INSET: MOTOROLA SAYS RECALL WAS OVERBLOWN.
- Cisco Preps Whole-Home DVR. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p20
The article reports on Cisco Systems Inc.'s introduction of its next-generation set-top, the Explorer 8600. Cisco Systems requires cable providers to start field trails of the Explorer 8600, which provides high-definition multiroom digital video recorder (DVR) features, in the second quarter of...
- In-Band, Out-of-Band, Whatever It Takes. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/28/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p36
Reports the amount of digital video subscribers in the U.S. Ways to harness digital set-tops to servers for session-based interactivity; Inclusion of Scientific-Atlanta of in-band path in its Explorer 2010/2100; Delivery of software updates and couriers electronic program guide to data to the box.
- Cable Industry Seeks HD-Format Resolution. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p45
Focuses on problems faced by television programmers that want to create high-definition (HD) video to satisfy consumer demand. Absence of Federal Communications Commission mandated HD standards; Confusion in choosing display format for the program; Technology on how the formats work.
- Cable '05. Orsini, Patricia // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR37
Introduces several articles which examined some of the issues facing cable operators and programmers.
- Beam in the learning. // Technology & Learning;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p50
Presents various satellite and cable technologies used with Internet adjuncts by distance learning content providers, to deliver educational programming. Identification of various Web sites; Reference to videoconferencing; Information on Channel One. INSETS: News from Channel One;What's on?.
- Devil's in the details. Brown, Roger // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the development of the OpenCable software project for operators in the cable television industry. Aim of the project; Design of OpenCable project; Composition of the project; Features of the software.