Archer's plans may revive battle over de minimis
- Taxing debate. Stanglin, Douglas; Satchell, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;7/10/95, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p14
Discusses House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt's `modified flat tax' proposal. Speculation that Gephardt's proposal may spur President Bill Clinton to submit his own tax reform proposal; Speculation about the future of tax reform in America.
- Flat tax plans look promising. // Inside Tucson Business;7/24/95, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p4
Editorial. Comments on the tax reform plan proposed by US House Minority leader Dick Gephardt. Gephardt's remarks on the effects of the proposal to taxpayers; Inferiority of the tax reform proposal of House Majority leader Dick Armey and House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Archer.
- House eyes tax breaks. // Christian Science Monitor;7/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 155, p4
Informs about the proposed tax reforms by House minority leader Dick Gephardt. Plan of House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Archer regarding the reforms.
- Democrats Craft Fictional Response to Bush's Tax Cut. Robinson, Matthew // Human Events;03/12/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p6
Presents facts from the fictional response of House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt (D-Mo.) and Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) to the budget plan of United States President George W. Bush which included a tax cut proposal. Reasons for the increase in federal deficits during the...
- TAX REFORM ï¿½ LA THE BRADLEY--GEPHARDT BILL. Wetzler, James W. // National Tax Journal;Sep84, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p265
The article outlines the flaws in the present income tax system of the United States. It then discusses the Bradley-Gephardt tax reform bill as a response to the problems. The author argues that the fundamental problems with the income tax fall under four headings, inadequate revenue yield,...
- Should congress approve the president's request for fast track trade negotiating authority? // Congressional Digest;Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p299
Presents various comments in response to the arguments heard on the Fast Track Negotiating Authority hearing by Honorable Richard A. Gephardt elected representative to the United States House of Representatives, Leland Swenson, president of National Farmers Union (NFU) and Steven J. Shimberg of...
- MEMO TO DICK GEBHARDT. Waldman, Steve // Washington Monthly;Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
Comments on the need for U.S. Democrat politician Dick Gephardt to become more Jewish. Democratic candidates with Jewish ancestors; Suggested strategies for Gephardt to look more Jewish.
- Gephardt: Clinton's alter ego. Borger, Gloria // U.S. News & World Report;3/29/93, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p27
Compares the political stances of President Bill Clinton and House Majority Leader Richard Gephardt. Their crucial strategic link; Why Clinton likes Gephardt; Gephardt is a key player in every big fight, from health care to trade; Why Gephardt is Clinton's one-man early warning system; More.
- Et tu, Dick? // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p443
Presents ideas on why US House Minority Leader Richard A. Gephardt might be interested in a move to the Oval Office in Washington.