Fox Done: Liberty Next?
- Rethinking WSN. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/08/96, Vol. 126 Issue 29, p11
Reports on the re-evaluation of the future of Liberty Media-owned Women's Sports & Entertainment Network in the wake of the ongoing merger of the sports properties of Liberty, News Corp. and Tele-Communications Inc.
- Cabler FX considers sporting new image. Flint, Joe // Variety;12/11/95, Vol. 361 Issue 6, p41
Reports on the impact of the alliance between Liberty Media Corp. and News Corp.'s on the programming of FX. Plans to transform FX into a general entertainment and sports network; Concerns on the possible relationship between FX and various regional channels owned by Liberty Media.
- News Corp. Maps Cable Plans. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;8/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p10
Focuses on the probable launch of several cable networks by News Corp. and its lack of plan to increase stake in DirecTV Group or buy shares in Fox Entertainment Group (FEG), according to chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch. Description of networks to be launched in 2004; Shares in FEG and DirecTV...
- Street Talk. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/22/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 41, p94
Reports the market performance of Liberty Media Corp., a cable operator in Europe. Abandonment of Englewood on buying the television operations of KirchGroup; Expansion plan of Liberty; Right of the cartel office over the pending cable acquisitions of Liberty.
- Cable king Malone wires Hollywood. Peers, Martin // Variety;04/12/99, Vol. 374 Issue 8, p2
Reports on developments related to United States-based cable television company Liberty Media Corp. as of April 12, 1999. Stock market performance; Company's purchase of a stake in News Corp.; Internet business operations.
- Liberty bellwether for cable combos. Peers, Martin // Variety;10/13/97, Vol. 368 Issue 10, p172
Reports on the significance of Liberty Media Corp.'s operations to the cable industry in the United States. Liberty's part ownership in major cablers such as Discovery Channel, Time Warner Inc. and Black Entertainment TV; Preference for investing in cable networks rather than operating the...
- Lagging Units Blunt Earnings. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p36
Reports on the financial performance of television broadcasting companies and cable television networks in the U.S. for the first quarter ended March 31, 2005. Decline in operating income of News Corp.'s television division Fox Broadcasting and cable division Fox News Channel; Plan of News...
- Murdoch Talks Protection. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p9
The article reports on the decision of Rupert Murdoch, chairman of News Corp., to repurchase the voting share of the company in the U.S. Murdoch stated that it plans to give up its share with DirecTV Group Inc. as a replacement for the 19% voting shares of Liberty Media Corp. with News. He...
- Star connects dot-coms. Groves, Don // Variety;05/29/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 2, p63
Offers a look at several strategic alliances formed by News Corporation's Star TV. Amount committed by James Murdoch, co-chairman of Star, to buy stakes in some media companies; Rivals of Star TV; Plans of Star TV for broadband service across Asia; Forecast on cable televisions in India.