Round 1 Goes to City in Odd Florida Case
- CRTC rules in favor of gay-themed channel. Weder, Adele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/2/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 14, p108
Reports on the order by Canada's broadcast regulator on two cable companies to include a gay-themed specialty channel from a promotional preview package. Complaint launched by PrideVision protesting the station's exclusion from the preview of digital specialty channels; Context of the ruling of...
- NATOA Joins Modem Suit. Figler, Andrea; Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the opposition of the National Association of Telecommunication Officers and Administrators (NATOA) to a Federal Communications Commission ruling that cable modem service is an information service rather than a cable service. Implications of the ruling for cable operators; Estimation...
- Censor gets final word as India TV back to biz. Bhushan, Nyay // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/25/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 43, p64
The article reports that cable service has resumed in India after broadcasters accepted a ruling by Mumbai, India's High Court that no films certified "A" by the Central Board of Film Certification will be aired. The order came after Mumbai cable operators blacked out their feeds in protest of...
- HIGH COURT INTERNET RULING GIVES CABLE VICTORY. // Quill;Mar2002, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p7
Reports that the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that a federal agency can control the rates that cable television companies pay to install their Internet lines. Effect of the decision on the availability and cost of online services; Regulation of pole rental fees for Internet service; Implication of...
- Fla. City Settles Suit Over Franchise. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that the city of Weston, Florida and Advanced Cable Communications have settled their dispute over the challenge to a unique franchise. The terms of the settlement agreement are described. The reason for changing subscription rules is given. The services offered by the cable...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.