This Just In
- CABLE NOTES. Chunovic, Louis; Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;10/1/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p23
Reports developments on television industry in the United States as of October 2001. Plan of Margaret Loesch to resign as chief executive officer at Crown Media; Resignation of Lou Waters from CNN; Emergence of digital networks according to the survey made by the Beta Research Cable Subscriber...
- Black to Fade. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;11/15/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the plan of Lifetime Entertainment Services following the resignation of president and CEO Carole Black in the U.S. in March 2005. Plan of the cable television network regarding the number of movies it produces; Strategies being used to address audience declines and attract viewers;...
- We're in it for the long haul! (We hope). Lowry, Brian // Variety;6/21/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the resignation of television network executives in the U.S. Programmers who resigned from television networks; Problems encountered by network executives; Example of an address that provide an upbeat but realistic appraisal of the broadcasting industry.
- FX's Ligouri moves into top FBC job. Bennett, Ray; Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/29/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 24, p40
The article reports that Peter Liguori, president and CEO of U.S. cable network FX, has been named as president of entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Co. He succeeds the Paramount-bound Gail Berman. One day into the new regime, Liguori had no immediate plans for major changes. Fox is the No. 1...
- CABLER FX PUTS ITS BEST FACE FORWARD. Martin, Denise // Variety;8/11/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the changes in the strategy of FX cable network in the U.S. Remarks from president Peter Liguori on the network; Theme of the network's program "Nip/Tuck"; Benefits of changing the network's strategy.
- FX grows into sizable sibling. Levine, Stuart // Variety;10/26/2009, Vol. 416 Issue 11, p18
The article profiles the U.S. FX Television cable network. The central focus of the article is an examination of the success of the channel and its position as a profit-earning center in the collection of media companies owned by News Corporation, the parent company. John Landgraf, the president...
- Fresh Start. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/12/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 2, p23
The article reports on the renaming of American television network Pax Network to Ion Media Networks. Pax Network did not fare very well after it was introduced in 2005. Brandon Burgess, former National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) Universal executive is the chief executive officer of the network....
- Maintaining the Status Quo. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p1
Interviews CBS TV network president and CEO Leslie Moonves on his views on the fin-syn rules on television programming in the U.S. Reasons for his decision to discuss the issue in Washington; His complaints against people who purchase programming; Impact of rules on the revenue of TV networks.
- Tree Grows for WB. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;2/9/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
Presents information on the rating of the television program "One Tree Hill" in the U.S. as of February 2004. Percentage of the household ratings of the television programs; Reasons of Jordan Levin, chief executive for entertainment at Warner Brothers, for airing the television program; Casts...