A&E's Zagin Rises to EVP
- Original stirs b'cast plans, enlists exec. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;10/4/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the increase of several new series projects for cable of Original Productions in the U.S. Appointment of Tracy Green to develop fare for the broadcast Websites; Creation of a top-secret reality program at A&E and "Rod" at Viacom-owned country music channel CMT; Sale of six episodes of...
- A&E UPS HOT PROGRAMMER. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/10/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the decision of A&E to promote Bob DeBitetto as the executive vice president of programming. Recognition of DeBitetto's successful efforts in buying and commissioning shows in the network's target demographics; Viewership ratings from various age groups; Attribution of the demographic...
- A&E hands camera to non-pros. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;04/24/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 39, p1
Reports that United States cable network A&E will launch a reality television series from Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions. Showing of ten people who record their adventures with a handheld camera; Naming of the show; Interactive component of the show.
- A&E drafts cable vet. McAdams // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 42, p81
Reports on David Zagin's appointment as senior vice president of affiliate sales at United States-based cable television network A and E Network. Career background; Duties and responsibilities.
- ABC cabler ups Bowman. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;2/24/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 42, p21
Reports on the promotion of Brooke Bowman to vice president of programming and development at ABC Family cable network in Los Angeles, California. Responsibility in developing scripted and reality projects for the network; Role in overseeing the upcoming reality series "Las Vegas Garden of Love"...
- 'Departed': a dying breed. Martin, Denise // Variety;2/2/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 11, pA6
Focuses on the reality TV programming strategy of the A&E channel. Theme of the reality program "Dearly Departed"; Goal of the channel for the development of its reality programs; TV series included in the list of reality TV documentary programs.
- 'Rocco' takes act to streets for A&E. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;7/26/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on celebrity chef, Rocco DiSpirito's partnership with A&E Television for the reality television program, entitled "Rocco". A description of the program's format is given. According to the article, A&E has ordered a pilot episode of the program from 44 Blue Productions....
- NET PICKS UP DRAG-RACING SERIES. Hibberd, James // Television Week;9/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p3
This article states that A& E has ordered 10 episodes of Driving Force, a series following champion dragster John Force and his three drag-racing daughters in order to continue its stream of docudrama reality shows. Mr. Force is an outspoken and dominant figure in drag racing, with 118 career...
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p40
Reports on executive changes and promotions within the cable television industry, as of July 10, 2000. Recruitment of Michael Weisbarth to serve as vice president of the drama division of A&E Network; Promotion of Lana E. Corbi to executive vice president and chief operating officer at Crown...