Nutritional & Pharmacologic Management of Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Primary Type V Hyperlipoproteinemia. Greenberg, Barry H.; Blackwelder, William C.; Levy, Robert I. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov77, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p526
Presents information on a study which described the clinical and biochemical characteristics of kindreds that were identified through propositi with primary type V hyperlipoproteinemia Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Management of Type IV Hyperlipoproteinemia. Smith, L. Kent; Luepker, Russell V.; Rothchild, Sarah S.; Gillis, Albert; Kochman, Leon; Warbasse, J. Richard // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan76, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p22
Presents a study which examined the clinical approaches for the management of type IV hyperlipoproteinemia. Association of lipoprotein diseases, particulary type IV hyperlipoproteinemia with atherosclerotic disease; Methods; Results and discussion.
- Hyperlipoproteinemia: Problems in Diagnosis and Challenges Posed by the "Type III" Disorder. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb75, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p273
Editorial. Presents an article on the examination of the incidence of type III hyperlipoproteinemia. Information on the electrophoresis of lipoproteins in relation to the disease; Description of patients with the disease.
- Epidemiological Survey of Dyslipidemia in Civil Aviators in China from 2006 to 2011. Rongfu Zhao; Dan Xiao; Xiaoying Fan; Zesong Ge; Linsheng Wang; Tiecheng Yan; Jianzhi Wang; Qixin Wei; Yan Zhao // International Journal of Endocrinology;2014, p1
Aim. This study aimed to analyze blood lipid levels, temporal trend, and age distribution of dyslipidemia in civil aviators in China. Methods. The 305 Chinese aviators were selected randomly and followed up from 2006 to 2011. Their total cholesterol (TC), triglyceride (TG), high-density...
- Cholestyramine in Type II Hyperlipoproteinemia. Levy, R.I.; Frederickson, D.S.; Stone, N.J.; Bilheimer, D.W.; Brown, W.V.; Glueck, C.J.; Gotto, A.M.; Herbert, P.N.; Kwiterovich, P.O.; Langer, T.; LaRosa, J.; Lux, S.E.; Rider, A.K.; Schulman, R.S.; Sloan, H.R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul73, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p51
Presents a study which examined the efficacy of chlorestyramine in the treatment of type II hyperlipoproteinemia. Patients and methods; Results; Discussion.
- Hyperlipoproteinemia. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p471
Provides information on hyperlipoproteinemia, a condition characterized by increased lipids in the blood that causes decreased rate of lipoprotein breakdown. Types of hyperlipoproteinemia; Causes of hyperlipoproteinemia; Diagnosis and clinical management of hyperlipoproteinemia.
- Postprandial hypertriglyceridaemia in patients with Tangier disease. Kolovou, O.; Daskalova, D.; Anagnostopoulou, K.; Hoursalas, I.; Voudris, V.; Mikhailidis, D. P.; Cokkinos, D. V. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Dec2003, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p937
Background: Tangier disease (TD) is the phenotypic expression of rare familial syndromes with mutations in the ABCA1 transporter. TD results in extremely low high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and reduced low density lipoprotein cholesterol, with normal or mildly increased fasting...
- Tangier disease. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p728
An encyclopedia entry for "Tangier disease" is presented. It refers to a rare autosomal recessive disorder which involves the build up of cholesterol in various organs of the body.
- Genetic variation in ABC transporter A1 contributes to HDL cholesterol in the general population. Frikke-Schmidt, Ruth; Nordestgaard, Borge G.; Jensen, Gorm B.; Tybaerg-Hansen, Anne // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Nov2004, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p1343
Homozygosity for mutations in ABC transporter A1 (ABCA1) causes Tangier disease, a rare HDL-deficiency syndrome. Whether heterozygosity for genetic variation in ABCA1 also contributes to HDL cholesterol (HDL-C) levels in the general population is presently unclear. We determined whether...