The Mechanism of Action of Lipid-Lowering Drugs
- Statin drug improves myocardial perfusion in patients with coronary artery disease. Alexander, Sidney // Modern Medicine;Jan98, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p57
Discusses the abstract of the article `Functional evaluation of lipid-lowering therapy by pravastatin in the Regression Growth Evaluation Statin Study (REGRESS),' by which appeared in the July 15, 1997 issue of `Circulation.'
- Colesevelam hydrochloride. Steinmetz, Karen L. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/15/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p932
Discusses colesevelam hydrochloride, a nonabsorbed lipid-lowering agent. Pharmacology; Clinical efficacy; Drug interactions; Adverse effects; Dosage and administration.
- LIPID-LOWERING AGENTS. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 9th edition;2005, pC61
Provides pharmacologic information on lipid-lowering agents. Pharmacokinetics; Side effects of the drug; Drug interactions; Evaluation of effectiveness.
- Repaglinide and gemfibrozil interaction. // WHO Drug Information;2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p21
Reports on an interaction between the short-acting secretagogue repaglinide and lipid-lowering agent gemfibrozil, which is used to treat dyslipidemia. Incidents of hypoglycemic coma in patients using the medications; Changes in repaglinide pharmacokinetics caused by concomitant gemfibrozil...
- Useful Insights on Cholesterol and Drugs. Roberts, H.J. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;2004, Issue 92, p16
This article reports that the magnitude of consumption of cholesterol-lowering drugs is illustrated by the surge in sales of LipitorÂ® to $6.45 billion for the year 2001. Using the recommendations from the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program, an estimated 36 million...
- Lipid management in 13,000 high risk cardiovascular patients treated under daily practice conditions: LIMA Registry. Schaefer, Juergen R.; Gitt, Anselm K.; Sonntag, Frank; Weizel, Achim; Jannowitz, Christina; Karmann, Barbara; Pittrow, David; Bestehorn, Kurt // Vascular Health & Risk Management;2013, Vol. 9, p71
Aims: We aimed to document the drug management of patients at high cardiovascular risk in daily practice, with the special focus on lipid-lowering treatment. Methods and results: In this prospective noninterventional study in 2387 outpatient centers throughout Germany, a total of 13,942...
- Use of lipid lowering drugs for primary prevention of heart disease: meta-analysis of randomised trials. Pignone, Michael; Phillips, Christopher; Mulrow, Cynthia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/21/2000, Vol. 321 Issue 7267, p983
Objective: To summarise the effect of primary prevention with lipid lowering drugs on coronary heart disease events, coronary heart disease mortality, and all cause mortality.Design: Meta-analysis.Identification: Systematic search of the Medline database from January 1994 to June 1999 for...
- 154-6. COMBINING LIPID-LOWERING AGENTS. P.F.C. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p78
Presents a question on the thinking about combination therapy with the statin drugs and Lopid, or gemfibrozil. Increase in the use of this combinations in patient who have both high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels; Importance of monitoring both liver and muscle function carefully.
- Lipid-lowering drugs show benefits in melanoma prevention. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p50
Examines the efficacy of lipid-lowering drugs as chemopreventive agents for melanoma in the United States. Comparison between the effect of lipid lowering drugs in melanoma patients and normal subjects; Details on the protocol for the administration of the drugs; Inhibitory effects of lovastin...