FGIC Taps Veteran of Ambac, FSA As Director in Health Care Group
- FGIC: We Hired Whaley for Her E-Savvy, Not Bond Experience. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p6
Reports the recruitment of Cheryl Whaley as head of public finance for Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. Ignorance on public finance; Accomplishments of Whaley; Use of self-help electronic strategy to digitize outmoded paper-based systems.
- PMI Names Development Exec. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;5/28/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 103, p9
PMI Group Inc. announced on Thursday that it had hired Winston Wohr to develop joint business opportunities for its mortgage insurance operations and the bond insurer Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC). PMI, of Walnut Creek, California, led a group of investors that in December acquired a...
- MBIA to Reinsure $184B of FGIC's Book. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/28/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32950, p1
The article reports that MBIA Inc. will reinsure $184 billion of the public finance book of the Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp. (FGIC) in the U.S. The move is said to provide a boost to municipal bond holders and to the statutory capital position of FGIC. In exchange for taking on a majority...
- MBIA Closes Deal to Reinsure $166B of FGIC's Public Finance Book. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;10/2/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32973, p24
The article reports on the closure of MBIA Inc.'s transaction to reinsure a $166 billion portion of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.'s (FGIC) $200 billion public finance book in the U.S. The company will receive unearned upfront premiums of approximately $639 million, net of a ceding premium...
- Health Care Vet Ellen Gordon Moves to FGIC From Goldman. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p40
Reports on Financial Guaranty Insurance Co.'s hiring of Ellen Gordon as managing director and head of its health care group. Gordon's previous post at Goldman Sachs & Co.; Overview of the health care bond market; Focus of Financial's business.
- Back in the game. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;7/26/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p16
Reports on the bond insurance re-entry of Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. in the health care industry in the U.S. in July 2004. Remarks from experts on the competition market of insurers; Percentage of bonds issued in 2003; Background of the company; Impact of the company on hospitals with credit.
- Detroit Defends Bankruptcy Bus Tour From Doubtful Creditors. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/25/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34132, p1
The article reports that plan of taking U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes on a bus tour across Detroit, Michigan as part of a confirmation trial related to bankruptcy case was defended by Detroit. It mentions that the tour was objected by several bond insurers including Berkshire Hathaway...
- Detroit Gets Closer to Bankruptcy's End With Retiree Deal. // Bond Buyer;4/29/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34100, p1
The article focuses on a deal between the retired public workers with the city of Detroit, Michigan for resolving the city's 18 billion U.S. dollars municipal bankruptcy. Topics discussed include increment in the amount of money by the city into a health-benefits plan for retirees, opposition to...
- FGIC appoints Filippelli CFO. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p31
Focuses on the appointment of Rick J. Filippelli to the position of Chief Financial Officer of the Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. Filippelli's responsibilities; His career history.