SEC and NASD Fine Various Fund Advisers, Broker-Dealers
- Dennis Pietrzak of Van Kampen Funds. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p8
Presents Dennis Pietrzak's thoughts on tobacco-backed bonds. Dennis Pietrzak's position as fund manager of Van Kampen Funds.
- Advisers Consume a Large Piece of the 12b-1 Pie. Liptow, Jennifer A. // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p23
Reports on the use of 12b-1 fees by mutual fund companies to compensate for the services of financial advisers and intermediaries in the U.S. Benefits of the increase of cash flow into mutual funds to financial advisers; Decline in the use of front-end sales loads as compensation tool from 1980...
- Unblinkered. Ferguson, David // International Money Marketing;Jun2003, p15
Comments on issues concerning life insurance company in Great Britain. Role of independent financial advisers; Tax advantage of offshore bond over onshore equivalent; Tax advantage of mutual funds.
- Cofunds sets up onshore bond and plans pension wrapper. Tryphonides, Andrea // Money Marketing;2/2/2006, p5
The article reports on plans by cofunds in Great Britain to offer an onshore bond and to line up a personal pension wrapper. The portfolio bond will provide independent financial advisers and their clients an option of about 200 funds from 40 providers. According to cofunds, the bond marks a key...
- IN BRIEF. // Fund Strategy;8/15/2005, p5
Reports on developments relevant to mutual funds and portfolio management in Great Britain as of August 15, 2005. Investment advisors; Web sites; Portfolio bonds.
- 1st-quarter strategizing. Harris, Elizabeth E.; Karchmer, Jennifer; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;04/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30619, p1
Discusses the strategies used by fund managers to meet the challenge of rising interest rates and strong demand in the 1999 first quarter. Employment of strategies such as duration management and credit focus; Investor focus on intermediate funds; Search for bonds with retail appeal; Intensive...
- SEC closely eyeing private investment funds, adviser actions. Matasar, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p17
The article focuses on Rule 206(4)-8, a new rule made by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to assert regulatory authority over private investment funds. The rule applies to managers and advisers of hedge funds, executives running venture capital funds and private equity funds....
- Fund Industry Warns of Fallout From SIFI Designation. Corbin, Kenneth // Financial-planning.com;1/13/2015, p6
The article focuses on the plans of U.S. federal regulators to expand regulation of large mutual fund companies that threatens to bleed value out of the fund industry. Paul Kupiec, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, states that regulating asset managers like banks would limit...
- Following Torrent, Muni Outflows Slow to $383M in August. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p6
Reports on the decline of the net outflows in recent months from municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. Continuation of the bond prices; Reinvestment of dividends and money market fund data; Assessment of the economic conditions.