NBA Seeks Deadline Extension From Bankruptcy Court
- Social Toddling. Mechling, Lauren // New York;2/27/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on the benefit event of the New York Public Library's Library Cubs in New York City. The organization is composed of parents who want their children exposed to social responsibilities and be connected to it even at a young age. Hannah McFarland, co- founder of Cubs boasts...
- Hot markets give Little Brothers new life. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;12/06/99, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p34
Reports the expansion plans of Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly, a non-profit organization based in Chicago, Illinois. History of the organization; Operation of the organization; Aim of the group; Funding of the organization.
- CHAPTER 1: Is Nonprofit Incorporation Right for You? Mancuso, Anthony // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California;2015, p3
The article offers information on the establishment of a nonprofit corporation in California. Topics discussed include the kinds of groups that can form a nonprofit such as public benefit, religious, and mutual benefit corporations, the advantages and disadvantages of being a nonprofit, and ways...
- FUNDRAISING DROP. // Trustee;Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p5
The article focuses on the findings of a study on hospital fundraising conducted by the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP). Almost half of not-for-profit hospital fundraising executives project an average 17 percent drop in donations in 2009. More than 60 percent of respondents said...
- Oddfellows offer fresh benefits. // Accountancy;Apr1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1028, p31
Introduces the insurance benefits of Oddfellows Friendly Society in Great Britain. Amount of the deferred sickness benefit; Advantage of the endowment insurance; Enumeration of free benefits.
- Atlanta restaurants raise $95K in tourney for Boys & Girls Clubs. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/20/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p58
Focuses on the fund raising project of restaurants in Atlanta, Georgia. Overview of the annual Chefs Skins Game; Donation of the fund to the Boys and Girls Club of Metro Atlanta.
- MISSING MONEY. MACIAG, MIKE // Governing;Nov2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p54
The article focuses on the issues related to the property tax roll in Baltimore, Maryland. It mentions the increase of taxable values and total property tax exemptions for religious and nonprofit institutions. The tax exempt status of nonprofit health-care facilities and the property tax...
- Rule change could challenge health facilities' fund raising. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;04/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p9
Discusses the reactions of Nevada non-profit health facility fund-raisers to the proposed United States federal rule changes that could restrict fund-raisers' access to patient databases for donor solicitations. Rule changes proposed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; Concern...
- L.A. clinic nears reality. // Advocate;8/16/72, Issue 92, p12
Reports on the civic contributions of the the Los Angeles Gay Community Services Center by donating money for health facilities projects in California. Renovations of public clinics; Funds for clinic equipment and apparatus; Initiation of the organization to raise funds.