MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, March 23
- Feb. CPI Rises 0.4%; Core Rate Gains 0.3%. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p2
The article reports that driven by a renewed surge in energy prices, the seasonally adjusted index of consumer prices rose 0.4% in February, while the core rate, which excludes food and energy prices, rose 0.3% in the U.S. Before adjustment for inflation, all consumer prices were up 3.0% from...
- Median CPI Up 0.2%, Cleveland Fed Says. Siegal, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32097, p2
The article reports that the median consumer price index, as calculated by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, was up 0.2% in February 2005. The median consumer price index (CPI) in February 2005 rose 3.2% at an annual rate. Over the last 12 months, the median CPI rose 2.4%, the CPI 3.0%, and...
- Weekly Yield Indexes Finish Higher Despite Earlier Market Rally. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p7
The article reports on the rise of weekly yield indexes following the release of inflationary economic data in the U.S. The core consumer price index report for March 2006 returned higher than expected at 0.3 percent while the economist poll predicted 0.2 percent. The 20 bond index of government...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, October 19. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p2
The article presents an economic analysis of public finance in the U.S. the various economic indicators included are Consumer Price Index (CPI), CPI excluding Food and Energy, Housing Starts, and Building Permits. The Forecasts represent the median of estimates by economists polled by IFR...
- America COMPETES Becomes Law. Houston, Betsy // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Sep2007, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p18
The article offers information on the Creating Opportunities to Meaningfully Promote Excellence in Technology, Education and Science (COMPETES) Act which was signed on August 9, 2007 in the U.S. COMPETES allocates research funds for the National Science Foundation (NSF), Office of Science of the...
- UK inflation sees surprise drop to 2.2%. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;11/12/2013, p13
The article reveals that inflation in England as measured by the consumer prices index dropped to 2.2 percent in October 2013 to reach a 13-month low.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p2
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to public finance, including the decrease of consumer sentiment index in July 2010, the plan of president Jeffrey Lacker of Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Virginia to tighten monetary policy to aid economic recovery, and the performance of consumer...
- Table 4. Selected National Average Natural Gas Prices, 2000-2005. // Natural Gas Monthly;May2005, p8
The article presents statistical information related to average natural gas prices in the U.S. between 2000-2005. The data includes year and month, well-head price, city gate price, residential commercial, industrial consumer prices, and electric power price.
- INSIGHT. // FM World;7/17/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p31
Statistics about Great Britain are presented, including energy consumption in 2012, greenhouse gas emissions from 2009-2013 and construction market from 2010-2015, as well as Bank of England base rate, consumer price index (CPI) in April and May 2014 and national minimum wage as of October 1, 2013.