Seattle Monorail Foes' Lawsuit Targets Tax Used to Back Bonds
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33003, p25
The article lists the approved government projects by state in the U.S.
- UAE. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/4/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 49, p31
The article informs that the federal government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is planning to link all seven emirate states by railway. The move is expected to attract investors. It has been stated that the railway could be the catalyst for large-scale development in the region, which is...
- Property road-show. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2007, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p123
This article explains that a major property development programme along the coast of the Indian Ocean is at the heart of the Sri Lankan government's plans to revive its ailing state railway. A road-show for potential investors is to take place in Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong, showcasing...
- Merger lawsuits common, but investors seldom benefit. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/18/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p15A
The author offers his opinion on merger lawsuits, which investors seldom benefit.
- Great Southern investors file class action. Kennedy, Chris // Money Management;10/21/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on the move of the investors in Australia with agribusiness provider Great Southern to introduce a class action to recover losses from the venture against Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (BABI).
- An Update on General Anti-Tax Avoidance Rules in China. Cheung, Daniel K. C. // International Tax Journal;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p35
The article focuses on China's new General Anti-Tax Avoidance Rules with reference to multinational companies, investments and corporate income tax laws. The significance and application of China's State Administration of Taxation's Circular 698 relevant to the overseas investors of indirect...
- A Push for Rail to Play Bigger Role in Future. Cho, Aileen; Rosta, Paul; Roe, Andy // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/1/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 14, p27
Reports the government railway project in California. Freight route of Alamade Corridor to ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach; Agenda of the annual meeting in Philadelphia; Development of a high-speed rail as planned by Governor Jesse Ventura of Minnesota.
- Tax Case Review. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct99, Vol. 124 Issue 1274, p88
This article presents news clippings related to taxation. For the purposes of determining entitlement to Business Expansion Scheme relief, the circumstances in which an investor would be treated as connected with a company, had to be considered separately, and there was no general rule that...
- Special commissioners' decisions. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Jun2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1306, p120
This article focuses on decisions taken by the British special commissioner regarding finance and tax, as of June 2002. The special commissioner held that the incidental costs of raising loan finance were management expenses of an investment company for the period in which the finance was...