Arkansas Eyes $1.3B For Highways
- Bevy of Bond Bills Passed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32380, p33
The article reports on several bond-related bills approved by the Alaska Legislature. One bill would increase the bonding authority of the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank. Another bill authorizes the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority to issue toll revenue bonds and borrow money through the federal...
- Oregon Governor Urges Billions in Spending for Jobs, Infrastructure. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/14/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33004, p3
The article reports on the proposal of the Jobs and Transportation Act of 2009 by Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski in an effort to stimulate the economy and rebuild the state's transportation infrastructure. The act would raise $499 million each year in new revenue for road projects and dedicated...
- Florida Co. Initiative On Track. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32471, p1
The article provides updates on the 25-year finance proposal for infrastructure projects of Orange County, Florida. According to reports, the county commissioners are expected to approve a $2.97 billion budget for fiscal year 2007 as funding for the first year of the project. The infrastructure...
- Highly Rated Seattle to Sell $133 Million of GOs Next Week. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p34
The article presents information on the plans of Seattle, Washington, to competitively price just over $133 million of limited-tax general obligation bonds to finance various transportation and infrastructure projects, as well as refinance outstanding debt. Michael van Dyck, the city's debt...
- Illinois task force may urge $12 billion for infrastructure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p1
Reports on Illinois' plans to borrow $4 billion with general obligation and revenue-backed bonds to help finance a five-year infrastructure program. Securitization of the debt; Other sources of financing for the infrastructure program; Possible increases in administrative fees to support the deal.
- West Virginia Governor Signs $2.9B Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p5
Reports the legislation of a general revenue budget bill for fiscal 2003 including an amount for bond sales in West Virginia. Agreement of Governor Bob Wise to the bill; Allocation of the fund obtained from a video lottery project; Applicability of the funds for pay-as-you-go projects.
- Referendum Could Lead to First Alaskan GO Debt in Decades. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p3
Reports the approval of bond bills by governor Tony Knowles in Alaska. Allocation of budget for transportation and education; Commitment of the state to construction and repairs; Increase of taxation rate.
- Corporate Tax Bill and Its Muni Measures Clear the House. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p5
Cites the key provisions of the corporate tax bill approved by the U.S. House of Representatives in October 7, 2004. Provisions that would ease restrictions on small issue industrial development bonds; Green bond demonstration project included in the corporate tax package; Revenue raising...
- Milwaukee Bucks Bill Signed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34360, p1
Wisconsin took the first steps Wednesday toward putting together a team for about $200 million of borrowing planned for a new Milwaukee Bucks arena as Gov. Scott Walker signed into law the project's public financing package.