Ring Around Atlanta
- Fulton County, Ga., Board Defers BeltLine TAD Vote. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32279, p29
The article focuses on the deferred voting of the Board of Commissioners in the Fulton County, Georgia, on a resolution to approve the Belt Line tax allocation district. But the commissioners are expected to vote on the plan at the board's December 21, 2005 meeting. The project would be financed...
- TIFs in the Hinterlands. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Aug2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p68
Examines tax-increment financing (TIF). Problems with development process solved by TIF; Description of value capture; Risks of tax-allocation bonds.
- GEORGIA: BeltLine TADs Close. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p9
The article reports that the city of Atlanta, Georgia has closed on a private placement of $64.5 million of tax allocation district bonds for its ambitious BeltLine project. The size of the offering was scaled back due to the liquidity crisis and market volatility. The BeltLine bond was equally...
- Upgraded TABs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p44
Reports on the move of Standard &Poor Crop. to upgrade the Murrieta Redevelopment Agency's $12 million of tax allocation bonds to A-minus from BBB-plus rating in California.
- Atlanta Authority OKs TAD Funding Despite State Supreme Court Ruling. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32921, p4
The article reports on the approval of the Atlanta Development Authority regarding the funding recommendations for six projects in one of the tax allocation districts called the Westside TAD in Georgia. The projects are funded in part from proceeds of a bond issue that is expected to total $110...
- Moody's: court Ruling Effectively Upholds Atlanta Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32862, p7
The article reports on the reaction of Moody's Investors Service to the decision of the Super Court on Atlantic Station Tax Allocation Bonds Series 2007 in Fulton County, Georgia. According to Moody's Investors Service, the court has to upheld the legal availability of pledged revenues for...
- Judge Sides With Atlanta Tax Allocation District in Challenge. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/25/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32554, p29
The article reports that the largest and most controversial tax allocation district in Atlanta, Georgia received favor from the Fulton County Superior Court Judge Bersonetta Lane on January 23, 2007. The favor manifested as Lane ruled against a group of taxpayers who had challenged the project's...
- Successor to Azusa RDA, Calif., Upgraded to A-Minus By S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34357, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term rating to A-minus from BBB-plus on the Successor Agency to the Azusa Redevelopment Agency, Calif.'s subordinate refunding tax allocation bonds, series 2014A.
- San Francisco Redevelopment Bonds Seen as Jump Start for Calif. TABs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/24/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33171, p4
The article reports on the belief of the San Francisco Redevelopment Financing Authority that the city's redevelopment deals will survive a sluggish market for tax allocation bonds (TABs) in California. In the fourth week of August 2009, in four different series, the authority priced 168 million...