- Exotic Adventures. Lear, Dave // MotorBoating;Sep2005, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p42
This article provides information on the best fishing locations during the end season. From late October to early December, the Ribbon Reefs and Lizard Island in Australia are ground zero for gigantic black marlin. The Bahamas offers consistent chances for blue marlin in April and May, with...
- How to Find Fish. Poveromo, George; Sanford, Steve // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2006, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p72
The article shows illustrations of fishing sites.
- Fishing is a journey; catching not required. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;4/24/2013, p2
The article discusses issues related to fishing. It is informed that fishing is about the experience like listening different sounds made by river, smelling a clean river with decaying vegetation and the sweetness of honeysuckle. It is informed that fishing is the experience of listening sound...
- LETTERS. Hermann, Richard; Crooke, Steve; Weisberg, William; Marshutz, Scott; Saunders, Lloyd; Newell, Alec; Bate, Steve; Rizik, Nicholas // Sport Fishing;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in the September 2013 issue, including "Judgment Call," "Technology Vs. Reality," and "Try Viagra and Pepto-Bismol."
- Up a Creek. White, Slaton L. // Field & Stream;Jul2009, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p34
The article offers tips on fishing in a major smallmouth river during the rains when the main stem turns a surging torrent. In these circumstances, the feeder creeks will clear out long before the main river, so start exploring this smaller water. The gradient and the amount of rain determine...
- PET PEEVES. STEELE, DAVE // BC Outdoors Sport Fishing & Outdoor Adventure;Summer2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p70
The author ponders on some unacceptable practices that anglers do. He believes that yelling the expression fish-on to invite other anglers is just showing a pretense of bravery. Some anglers exceed fish limits by passing off their extra fish to others, the author argues. He also stresses finding...
- Shell Games. Wiechnik, Mike // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul2006, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p56
The article offers a number of tips for using eggshells in fishing. The benefits of using eggshells are stated. Two-dozen eggshells is the perfect amount for five gallons of chum.
- 20 Questions. Jones, Alan // Boating World;Apr2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p82
Presents a quiz on angling. Color of the plastic worm that is most effective when fishing in muddy water; Weight of the largest catfish ever caught; Technique when fishing from an anchored boat in a ripping current.
- Marlin Evolution. LoCascio, Andy // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun2006, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses the author's fishing experience in the GalÃ¡pagos. He visited the GalÃ¡pagos with IGFA representative Pete Santini, who first came in 2004. Santini joined forces with local fisherman Gustavo Hernandez and the two started Gustavo Tours, one of the few charter operations...