- 2005 forecast: Growth in furniture spending to slow to 4.1% rate. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p12
Provides an industry forecast for the 2005 retail furniture sales in the United States. recovery of the industry in 2004; Consumer spending statistics on furniture and bedding; Expected increase on consumer spending; Meager rise in the furniture prices at retail; Slight increase in the wholesale...
- Tough times ahead as purse strings tighten. // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p4
Reports on the forecast on the performance of furniture retailers in Great Britain. Sales forecast; Plan of the buyers to cut back on spending; Attempts of retailers to stimulate spending.
- Retail outlook grim. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/25/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p23
The article points out that the outlook for retail sales in the furniture and bedding industry in the U.S. seems to be pessimistic with several stores shutting down. Some believe that retail conditions are the worst for the industry but analyst Jerry Epperson claims that it is not as bad as it...
- INDUSTRY SNAPSHOT: IT. // PM Network;Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
Presents a chart projecting the future value of the IT market in China. Growth of the industry's profitability by 2008; Increase of software sales by 2005.
- Retail forecast: It's time for growth. Schneider, Darlene // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, pB6
Presents a 2005 forecast for Chandler Business Interiors, a retail store in Wenatchee, Washington, offering office design and furniture. Company history; Performance of the store in 2004; Owner Scott Chandler's sales forecast for 2005; Details of the store's operations.
- Service key to success in occasional. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;12/28/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p36
The article offers an outlook in 2009 and for 2010 for the occasional furniture industry in the U.S. The sales of occasional tables indicated a decline in 2009 with estimated retail sales of 3.8 billion dollars, which is a 9.6% drop from 2008. However, suppliers observe better performance in...
- 'The Software Machine' to speed distribution. // Marketing News;11/9/1984, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p6
The article discusses a technology that allows publishers to electronically distribute their software packages to retailers. The Software Machine allows customers to shop for software by providing a demonstration of packages that are for sale. If a client decides to buy the package, he inserts...
- Analysis -- January 2008. // Retail Trade;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the increasing sales of the retail industry in Canada as of January 2008. Building and outdoor home supplies stores led the way at 3.2%, followed by clothing and accessories stores at 2.9%, furniture, home furnishing and electronics stores at 2.5%. On the strength of these...
- RETAIL INTELLIGENCE. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p26
The article focuses on the survey among furniture retailers in Great Britain. According to the survey, 43% of retailers have reported an increase in sales value, 29% have reported inactive and 28% have undergone declination in September 2006. The survey also reveals that business performance on...