Designs for living
- ASFD creating Pinnacle Award for green design. Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;1/18/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p46
The article offers information on the Pinnacle Design Achievement Award recognizing sustainable home furnishing design created by American Society of Furniture Designers in New London, North Carolina.
- Dixon reaches UK design prize final. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p6
Focuses on the provision of an award for furniture designers in Great Britain. List of designers shortlisted for British design prize; Challenge of creating a Selfridges window display; Prizes for the winner.
- Quartet of designers shortlisted. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p5
Reports the shortlisting of furniture designers for the Peugeot Design Awards in London, England. Selection of the winner; Prices of the awards; Schedule for the announcement of winners.
- Designer's choice. Garet, Barbara // Wood & Wood Products;Mar94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p34
Discusses furniture designers' personal favorites among the selection of designs they have created throughout their careers. Ray Sobota; Steve Hodges; Laurel Clark; Bill de Blaay; O.B. Solie.
- New designers. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p2
Features the winners of the furniture section of the `New Designers,' an important show for young design talents in Great Britain. Themes; Presentation of the entries; Sponsors of the event; Schedule of events; Contact information.
- Furniture Fair reveals Spaniards prefer blond. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2001, Issue 5258, p5
Presents the Furniture Fair in Valencia. Features of the side tables; Focus on the trends in the living room design; Description of the leather upholstery and wooden dining chairs.
- Quintet vie for design prizes. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p3
Reports that five furniture designers will compete for the 2000 Oxo/Peugeot Design Awards.
- Talent spotting. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;07/23/99, Issue 5147, p14
Examines the product designs created by up-and-coming furniture designers who participated in the New Designers 99 show in Great Britain. Creative and lateral approach to designing furniture products; Range of materials and colors; Aesthetic and utilitarian value of the designs.
- Behind the designs. INGRAM, CINDE W. // Casual Living;Aug2010, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p39
The article features profiles of designers of casual furniture in the U.S.