Clearing the way
- Imports vs. domestic wood shipments: Place your bets! Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;5/29/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p101
The article focuses on the increase in U.S. domestic wood household furniture shipments and household furniture imports in the fourth quarter of 2005. Wood imports from China and Vietnam increased while imports from Canada, Italy, Thailand and Brazil declined. For all of 2005, upholstered...
- Best of market. // Furniture/Today;4/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p36
Features a wide range of furniture designed by several furniture-making companies in the U.S.
- Corrections. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Oct2007, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p70
Corrections to articles in the August and September 2007 issues are presented including the furniture on the cover of the August issue and "What Do You Really Want to Do with Your Life?"
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p31
Reports on updates in the furniture industry in Great Britain.
- Retail Therapy. // India Today;10/21/2013, p51
The article offers information on the several facts about the markets of Delhi, India which includes Funk alleys, Hauz Khas Village, Gourmet grab INA Market and Antique corner Furniture Market, Amar Colony. It discusses several facts which includes period mirrors, wooden laundry racks, antique...
- Home office, entertainment feeding the urge to merge. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;11/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the trend towards merger of home office and entertainment in the U.S. furniture market. This is evidenced by the latest products featured at the October 2005 market in High Point, North Carolina. An example at the market was Jesper 1000, a traditionally-styled line of...
- DreamHome opens in Chicago. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p96
Reports that DreamHome, the Design House has opened at the Merchandise Mart Design Center in the U.S. Features of the nine-room DreamHome; Objective of the Merchandise Mart Design Center's showrooms; List of the designers who work for the DreamHome.
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;12/14/2007, Issue 5568, p8
The article reflects on several opinions regarding selling furniture that are made in Great Britain. According to different sources, only few people ask at the point of buying if the furniture that they are about to purchase is made in Great Britain. Customers have rarely ask about price as the...
- Nigeria's tough line on imports. // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2005, Issue 5433, p39
This article reports that in Nigeria, the government plans to close down any furniture stores that are selling the offending overseas products. A few months ago that the Nigerian government banned the import of furniture, in an effort to protect local manufacturers. Northern Furniture Dealers...